Chapter 16

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

I am currently home from school because I'm sick and feel like crap so I decided to update. Sorry this is so late! I always had no time to update this LOL. OH and I have TWO news:

1) I am making a book SOLELY FOR ONE SHOTS ON ALL MY STORIES! Except for the short stories because I see no point it it LOL. So yeah... Watch out for that.

2) I am making ANOTHER TUMBLR. I know I used to have a Tumblr but due to personal reasons, I deleted it. I will be connecting with you guys more there so yeah and you guys will get to know the real me as well as news about my stories and stuff!

Anyways, enjoy the chapter! *** THE FOLLOWING CHAPTER HAS A LOT OF VIOLENCE IN IT ***

--------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 16 (The Mistaken Girl)

I looked around the room. Each wall was covered with a bookshelf with stacks filled with books. In the center of the room, was a table. I locked the door and checked through the peephole. No one was there. I sighed, looking around frantically. What do I do? What if Caleb gets killed?

I continued to look, not really knowing what I was looking for. “Shit,” I cursed.

What do I do now? I thought to what people did whenever they needed an escape in a large house in movies and it came to me; secret passageways.

I looked around at all the bookshelves in the room. It struck me as odd that they all covered each wall perfectly; there was no wall in sight.

I ran towards one of the shelves and began throwing yanking books out, making them tumble to the floor with a thud. I had to use one of the chairs to help me get better access to the higher shelves.

I was finished with the first shelf and quickly moved on to the second but I had no success. Hopefully there was a secret passageway in this house.

I made my way to the third shelf, hoping that I would get somewhere with this. As I looked over the shelf, I noticed that one book stood out. This book was the biggest and it was dark green. I read the title on the spine; Secreta Transitus.

I frowned. I never paid attention to Latin lessons in school. I pulled on the book but it wouldn’t budge. I pulled on it harder with both hands and finally, the book moved toward me with a bit of a squeaking sound like machinery.

A smile grew on my face as I heard a bit of a rumble and the shelf and the wall behind it moved backwards, revealing a dark passageway. “Whoa!” I whispered to myself.

I was about to go in but hesitated. What if someone was in there? I looked around for some sort of weapon but there wasn’t any so I cautiously stepped inside the dark.

It looked like when they built this, they knew it was going to be dark since I found a flashlight hanging on the wall on a rack so I took it and turned it on. I pushed the shelf and wall back in its place, making a large click sound.

I turned back to the room. There was nothing special about it yet. In fact, I immediately regretted coming in here. It was only a dark hallway; my flashlight could only illuminate the first few feet in front of me.

It looked like something out of a haunted place and it spooked me. I walked slowly, deeper and deeper into the dark hallway.

There were no doors available yet; I just had to keep on going straight. I kept on going straight into the hallway until I heard a faint moaning sound, as if someone was trying to talk but couldn’t.

I frowned and kept walking, the moaning becoming louder and clearer. I got to a door and I realized that the moaning was coming from it. It was definitely a girl but who? I tried to open the door but it wouldn’t budge. It was locked. The moaning stopped for a second but started again, louder, as the person knew I was trying to get in.