Chapter 12 (Picture of Tony)

Chapter 12 (The Mistaken Girl)

I awoke to a sore body. Groaning, I looked beside me. The bed had an empty spot near me. Where was Tony? I clutched the blanket closer to my body, feeling embarrassed and dirty. Was it rape? It wasn’t technically rape since I didn’t stop him, but I didn’t stop him only because I was afraid to.

I yawned and stretched my body out, bringing brief relief to the painful spots. I turned my head and saw a note beside me on the nightstand:

Hey Babe,

As you may have seen, I am gone. I had to go take care of some business but I will be back this afternoon. While I am away, do the chores I have listed for you. It is strictly mandatory!

Love, Tony

P.S. Patricia will come at lunch time and give you exactly five minutes to eat a light meal. That’s all you’re going to get. Also, if you don’t finish the chores by the time I arrive home, grave consequences will occur.

I gulped, re-reading the letter, especially the underlined parts. On the back of the note was a long list of the chores he had said for me to do. I groaned as I read them over; sweep the floors, strip all of the beds of their comforters and put on new ones, do the laundry, do the dishes, dust everything, fold clothes and put them in their correct drawers, and so on.

Then I realized something; I could escape but that only meant more trouble for me and I couldn’t do that. Plus, Tony said he would help me find my sister. If I stayed, he would still do that, right?

------------------------------------------------------------

“Sweep the floors,” I said to myself, reading off the first chore on the list after I got dressed in the clothes Tony had provided for me.

I pouted as I checked myself out in the mirror another time. He had gotten me a traditional maid’s outfit to wear. Seriously? It showed a lot of skin and looked like something slutty girls would wear during Halloween. It went up to mid thigh and hugged the waist tightly. It showed off a bit of my shoulders and to top it all off, he gave me high heeled Mary Jane’s.

Since I just came to this house just yesterday, I had no idea where the supplies for cleaning were so I had to do some extensive searching.

After going through so many rooms, I finally found a supply closet. “Why would he need such a big house?” I muttered to myself as I got the mop out and a bucket of water.

I sighed, this was going to take such a long time and there were six floors to this house.

------------------------------------------------------------

After quickly cleaning the floors on every level of the house, I read off the next chore. “Strip all of the beds of their comforters and put on new ones,” I said.

I rolled my eyes. As I searched for the supply closet earlier, I had gone through many different bedrooms. This was going to take even longer!

After searching for the laundry room and getting out a whole armful of comforters, I went back down to level one to start off there.

I had no idea why Tony had these much bedrooms when it was basically him, and now myself, living in this house. Plus, the bed sheets should be clean. Why should I have to clean them when they weren’t used?

I yanked off the bed covers and replaced them, putting the dirty ones, along with the clothes in the wash, combining the two chores so I didn’t have to do as much. I sighed, wondering what the consequence was if I didn’t finish the chores.