Chapter 7 (Picture of Paul)

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

I forgot to include Paul in the cast list LOL. So here's a picture of Paul!! Yummilicious! LOL

--------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 7 (The Mistaken Girl)

Caleb and I ran to the car, but found it had been smashed and broken into. The car was so incredibly broken, we both knew that it probably wasn’t going to start up. “Shit,” Caleb muttered.

I bit my lip. “What do we do?” I asked, looking around for any men.

Caleb sighed sharply. “I have no idea.”

Just then, two men came running towards us. “Get them!” one of the men called out.

Caleb grabbed my arm and ran. “Don’t stop running!” Caleb said, as ran to the right.

I heard the men yelling behind us. “Get them! Dead or alive!” he yelled, sending shivers down my spine.

“Hurry!” I yelled, looking behind us as we ran.

Just as we got far away from them, Caleb pushed us into a nearby bush. “Shh,” he said, looking through the branches.

The men kept on running. “I think they went this way! Hurry up!” a man yelled as he motioned for the other men to catch up.

We waited until they all passed by. I collapsed onto my butt, not caring whether or not my butt was getting dirty. “Holy crap,” I whispered, out of breath.

Caleb nodded, trying to catch his breath. “Okay, so we are obviously targets now. We have to be extra careful now. From now on, we are on the move. We cannot stop and take breaks.”

I nodded, reluctantly as the thought of no breaks washed out all the hope in me. “Yeah, sure.”

After a few minutes of staying in the bush, Caleb pointed to a parking lot across the street. “Over there,” he said.

I quietly got out from the thorny bush and made my way to the near empty parking lot. There were only a three cars parked in it.

Caleb walked to one car, looked around for a bit, before picking the lock and opening the door. “How’d you do that?” I asked, frowning.

Caleb smirked. “You don’t need to know.”

He got in and unlocked the other door. I got in and put on my seatbelt. “So, how do you start it?” I asked.

Caleb bent down a bit and hotwired the car. I threw up my hands in exasperation, rolling my eyes. “Obviously, you’d know that.”

Caleb laughed. “There are perks to being a gang member.”

I raised an eyebrow. “So learning grand theft auto is a perk?”

Caleb shrugged. “When you are in danger, yeah.”

I sighed and sat back in my seat, refusing to talk any longer. “Where are we going now? I can’t take anymore of these chases.”

Caleb drummed his fingers on the steering wheel as we drove away. “I don’t know, Aurora. Where could we go at four in the morning?” he asked, sarcastically.

I sighed. “I’m kind of hungry.”

Caleb frowned, looking at me. “Seriously?” he asked.

I nodded. Caleb rolled his eyes and nodded. “Okay, alright… We’ll get something to eat. Drive through, though.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------

“That was good,” I moaned, licking my fingers after I ate the fries.