Chapter 6

Chapter 6 (The Mistaken Girl)

“Don’t be so overdramatic. We are not going to die,” I said, trying to sound tough but a part of me knew that he might be right.

Caleb sighed. “Do you know how dangerous the gang world is?”

I rolled my eyes. “Duh.”

Caleb started up the car and we drove off. “Where are we going now?”

“For now, we just have to get far away from here. We are now being chased,” Caleb said, taking a sharp right.

I gripped onto the seat as we drove fast. “So where are we going for safety?”

Caleb bit his lip. “We might have to pull into a motel and figure something out. We can’t use our own names. We have to make up some kind of identity, okay?” he asked, looking away from the road to glance at me.

I nodded. “Okay, so am I still Sarah?”

Caleb nodded. “Yes, yeah you are still Sarah. I’ll be Jonathan.”

I frowned. “Why Jonathan?”

Caleb shrugged. “It’s my middle name.”

I sighed and put my forehead against the cool glass window. Starting now, I am no longer safe.

--------------------------------------------------------

“We have to share a room in case something happens,” Caleb said, as we entered the motel.

I nodded. “Okay.”

“Just follow me,” Caleb said as we walked to the front desk.

The woman standing behind it, looked bored and tired. I didn’t blame her. It was about midnight now. “Hello, may I help you?” the woman, asked, forcing herself to speak.

Caleb nodded. “We would like a room, please, for one night.”

The woman nodded and put on her glasses, which were perched on top of her head. “Just the two of you?” she asked, writing something down.

Caleb nodded. “Yes.”

The woman nodded. “Names?”

“Jonathan and Sarah Bosworth,” Caleb said, handing the woman a card.

The woman sighed and continued to write something down. Finally, after a few more minutes, she slid a key card towards us. “Room 10. Follow that hallway,” she said, extending her finger toward the only hallway.

I followed Caleb to the room. He opened up the door and sighed as he collapsed on top of the bed. “God, I am so stressed.”

I nodded, sitting down on the edge of the bed. “Same here.”

Caleb cleared his throat and pointed to the washroom. “You can go in first,” he said, standing up.

I frowned. “I have no pajamas.”

Caleb shook his head. “No, I meant if you need to do your… Business… You can go right ahead,” he said, stifling a laugh.

I got up to go to the washroom and closed the door behind me. I sighed. I wondered where my sister was. I hope she was still alive but part of me wished she was dead so she wouldn’t have to suffer. I held back my tears as I splashed my face with cool water, desperately needing it.

When I got out of the washroom, Caleb was on his phone. “You won’t find me,” he said, in a taunting tone.

I frowned, coming closer to him. “No, I’m far away. Good luck trying to find me,” Caleb said, hanging up.