Chapter 19

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

New chapter!! Sorry this chapter is kind of boring but the action will return next chapter LOL. OH and video at the side is my favourite Christmas song by Hilary Duff. I remember I had all of her CD's... LOL. That's my favourite Christmas Song besides Carol of the Bells. LOL.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 19 (The Mistaken Girl)

We were released from the hospital the next day, much to my dismay. “Great, now we are one day late of saving Auburn!” I grumbled, once we were outside of the hospital.

Caleb sighed. “Just relax, okay? We can still save her.”

I nodded and looked around the parking lot. “Oh no, the car! The car is still out on the street!”

Caleb’s eyes widened but he shook his head. “We’ll just get a new car,” he said, walking off toward the rows of cars.

I grabbed onto his arm, yanking him back. “We can’t steal a car here. There are cops everywhere. They will arrest you!”

Caleb sighed, nodding. “Yeah, I guess you’re right. How about we walk for a bit and then get a car for the drive up to the mountains?” he asked.

I nodded. “Okay.”

We walked for a very long distance, and I mean very long. “How much longer do we have to walk?” I asked, holding a hand to my stomach.

“Just until we escape from all these cops,” Caleb said, looking around at all the police officers. I frowned and continued to walk.

I followed Caleb like a little puppy dog, opting to walk behind him than beside him. I don’t know why I did that but I just felt like the walk would feel shorter if I walked behind him.

Finally, we got to what seemed like a parking lot that was a bit crowded but thankfully, it was crowded with parked cars and not people. “Awesome, which car do you want to be seen coming up the mountains on?” he asked me, with a smile.

I laughed, shaking my head. “You’re just asking me so if we get caught, you can put the blame on me.”

Caleb rolled his eyes. “Okay, I choose, then.”

I followed him over to a sleek, black car. It was definitely someone’s prized possession. I felt a bit bad stealing it.

I checked if anyone was watching while Caleb swiftly did what he had to do and unlocked the door for me. I got in.

“Holy shit, this is nice!” I said, staring at the sound system and the seats. I didn’t even want to touch the car since it was so nice!

Caleb laughed as he got in. “What a shame that people are giving their cars away like this. Seriously, some people are so stupid.”

I frowned when I saw he wasn’t hotwiring the car. “Aren’t you supposed to start it up?” I asked.

Caleb smirked triumphantly and held up some keys. My eyes widened. “Where the hell did you get those?” I asked.

Caleb chuckled. “The owner of this car is really stupid. They dropped it on the ground right beside the car.”

I laughed as he started the car and drove off.

“So, we should be there at about night time,” Caleb said, looking over at me as we drove.

I laughed, humorlessly. “Oh, perfect… I’ve always wanted to die at night.”