Suspicious Behavior

A/n: Really don't know where this chapter is headed but here we go.
OTF- Only the family

*Amber's p.o.v.*
You know how moms have that crazy instinct that their child is hurt. Yeah well I have that instinct that's tells me when Nathan messes up. I call it the f-boy senses and right about now I was picking Nathan up on my radar.
Today is Tuesday and Nathan had that meeting with that 'client' yesterday.

He was blowing up my phone all day Sunday and Monday morning. I ignored all of them. But! At approximately 6:50, right before his appointment he stopped calling and has stopped.
You see normally I would think he got hurt or some, but then the senses kicked in and told me that something happened in that meeting.

As usual, I tried to hit up Steph for the details, but she too was acting strange and ignoring my calls.

You see no one listens to me! On Friday when Tyler called, he tried to convince me that nothing was gonna happen with Nathan and his female client. Apparently he was too deeply in love with me to even think about it. How this news got to Tyler so quickly I had no idea.
I know what I know.
And I know that he was gonna mess up somewhere and this was the perfect opportunity.

I dialed Nathan's number for the first time today. I waited for about a minute before he picked up.

"Hey, you haven't called since yesterday....." I trailed off.

"Well the phone works two ways Amber!" He said sounding mad. This was   suspicious behavior number 1.

"True," I started off playing cool. "How was your meeting yesterday?" I asked.

"Um... Uh my meeting?" He stuttered. This was number 2.

"Yeah, I know that you went to that meeting even after I told you not to."

"Uh-"

"Nathan... You cheated on me didn't you?"

"Listen, baby girl, I-I I'm-"

I cut him off chuckling. He cheated. I was sorta prepared for this but apart of me had a little hope that he had changed.

"It was an honest mistake I swear, I never in a million years expected this to happen!"

I sat around my desk, listening to him and his sorry excuse of an explanation.

"I gotta go." I said cutting him off.

"But-"
Click.

"Ms. Latouche, there is an issue" My secretary, Laurel informed me.

"What is it?"

"We need opinions and updates on the new location." She said tapping her pen on her clipboard.

"Ok I will email Steph and or Nathan."

"Actually, the board wanted your direct opinion on how this is going, an estimate etc."

I sighed and searched through some papers. Even though I wanted to see Nathan in person to beat him up! I couldn't handle going back to Cali right now. I'm afraid that I'm gonna break down like I did the last time.

"When do I leave?"

"Well, they have already booked a flight, you are to leave in two days. And you are only to spend two days there. The board is-"

"Ok whatever, I'll leave," I answered getting annoyed by her presence.
I sat for a couple minutes staring at the blank computer pages on my desk.
I looked at it some more and saw work on the paper. I rubbed my eyes and looked back at the paper seeing it blank. I'm hallucinating.
I pulled out the drawer next to me and swallowed my pills.

After a couple minutes I felt relaxed, and called Steph.

"I am this close to cutting you off girl." I said as soon as she picked up.

"Sorry I didn't tell you that Nathan cheated with-"

I cut her off. "I know who he cheated with don't remind me." I seethed feeling myself getting inhumanly angry.

"You know?" She asked surprised. Is it such a surprise that he slept with HER.

"Heck yeah I know, any ways, the board is up my butt about my personal opinion on the new location, do they are flying me out to Cali in two days, so I only get to spend a day, because apparently Cali is too much of a comfort zone." I informed her.

"That's such bull B." She replied.

"I know but don't tell Nate that I'm coming Imma pull up on him 😉" I told.

"Do ya thang Am, gotta go though yo man's clocking me." She said with a chuckle then hung up.

Nathan, Nathan, you gonna learn.