Chapter 3: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.

The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.

"Okay," Miranda said to herself, "I do not think that I am in America anymore."

She took another quick look around.

"And I know that I am definitely not in Georgia right now."

She looked over the strange land that surrounded her. She had fallen asleep on her bed in her room, and had woken up in a land full of snow and ice.

"I have got to be dreaming. Yes, that's it. I'm just dreaming."

She pinched herself.

"Ouch!" She exclaimed, "All right, maybe I'm not dreaming."

It was incredible. Too incredible to believe.

"This is impossible," she whispered. "But… so amazing."

Miranda suddenly shivered. Looking down at herself, she saw that she had absolutely no warm clothes on.

"Might as well look around," she thought to herself, "At least to try and find someplace to warm up at."

Grumble, Grumble

"And maybe try and get some food too."

Miranda walked through the snow as if in a dream. It was so beautiful, so real. Suddenly, she heard noises behind her.

"Do what it takes to bring him, but do not kill. Her majesty wants him alive."

The voice was low and gruff, and the voices that answered were even worse. Miranda immediately scurried up a tree (she had done this a lot before she had gotten sick), and hid herself.

"I am so glad that I remember how to do this," Miranda though.

A few moments later, the voices emerged from behind a cluster of trees and rocks into a clearing. Miranda had to hold back a scream. The sounds she had heard were not from people, but from animals, and whatever else was in the group. She thought that she saw a Minotaur, and possibly a miniature scale of Cyclops, but the others were just monstrous creatures.

They walked up to a cliff at the edge of the clearing, and Miranda noticed a door.

The creatures bang on the door, trying to simply knock it down. But the door would not budge.

"Get the ax," a wolf said. Now Miranda really had to bite back a scream. The wolf had just talked!

The Minotaur took an ax off of a pack on his back, and slammed it into the door. The door immediately cracked, and the creatures ran in.

A few moments later, Miranda watched as the monsters dragged out a; what? It looked like half of a man, and half of a goat. She thought she remembered that in the stories, they were called fauns.

"No!" the faun shouted, "Please No!!"

"Save your please for the queen," the wolf, which appeared to be their leader, growled.

As Miranda watched the creatures drag him away, she saw something fly out of his hand onto the ground.

Miranda right now had no idea what to think.

"I know that I am not dreaming. Am I hallucinating? Do I have a hearing problem? Am I going completely mad?"

Quickly, she accepted the fact that she was not any of these things. She knew that she was not crazy, she had never hallucinated before, and the doctors had said her hearing was fine. This was all real. She had heard the wolf talk. She had seen creatures that she had only read about in stories.