Chapter 5: 12 Years Later.

Twelve Years Later.

"Miranda," a voice shouted through the main hall, and a young man stepped out of the shadows.

"Where is that girl?" he muttered to himself.

The golden haired man raced down to the throne room, still searching.

"For goodness sakes, where is she?"

He looked in her room, in the gardens, and finally headed toward the library.

He burst through the doors, and found who he was looking for. Miranda sat in a chair, sleeping. Her hair was in a long braid that reached down to the bottom of her back, and her sword rested on her lap as her head rolled to the side. Smiling, the young man came forward and shook her slightly.

"What have I told you about waking me up Peter?" she murmured sleepily, opening her eyes.

"To not to," Peter replied, his smile glistening under his beard.

"Oh, what is it?" she yawned.

"Word has been sent that the White Stag has been seen near the Western Wood, heading towards Lantern Waste. My brother, sisters, and I are going to try and hunt it down. Edmund wondered if you would care to join us."

Miranda smiled sleepily, and said;

"Peter, as much as I would like to, I doubt that I would stay awake. Orieus awoke me at midnight to hunt something else down. You go with your siblings, and just stay out of trouble."

Peter laughed and ran out the door, shouting;

"Don't worry; we'll stay out of trouble."

0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

"Quickly!" Miranda heard the words shouted from the courtyard. "Gather together searching parties and look in all directions! The kings and queens are missing!"

Miranda raced to the courtyard. Centaurs, fauns, and satyrs were racing everywhere.

"What happened?" Miranda shouted.

"Their highnesses are missing!" Orieus replied. "The horses say that they went into a deeper part of the forest and never came out."

"That is strange," Miranda said to herself. Racing to the stables, her mind went a thousand different directions. The horn had never been sounded, the weather had remained the same; What was going on?

Miranda did not need an answer to that one.

Arriving at the stables, she headed for Onyx's stall. His coal black head peered out, and Miranda saw a spark go through him.

"Oh, am I to join in the search?" he asked excitedly.

"No Onyx. Neither of us is going," she said sadly. "I need you to take me to the Stone Table."

Miranda could feel Onyx tense.

"What is wrong warrior?"

"I'll tell you when we are out of the castle."

Miranda led Onyx out, taking neither bridle nor saddle. She mounted her steed, and Onyx raced as fast as he could out of Cair Paravel. Racing towards the Stone Table.

"Now," Onyx said, slowing down enough to talk, "What is wrong?"

"There is no need to search for the kings and queens Onyx. I know where they are."

"Well then, by all means," Onyx said, turning around, "We must tell the others."

"No Onyx," Miranda sighed, turning him around, "It is not the kind of news that would make one glad. Aslan has sent them back to our world."