Chapter 9: Rude Awakenings.

Rude Awakenings.

Miranda woke up the next morning feeling thirsty and sore. Sitting up slowly, she rubbed the sleep out of her eyes and groaned;

"I need to get back into the swing of it. Everything hurts."

She slowly stood up and stretched. Every muscle and bone seemed to scream. Putting her weapons on, she went to get some water.

It didn't take her long. A small stream slowly flowed through the forest, and she bent down. Cupping her hands, she dipped them in and took a long drink. Then, after drinking her fill, she splashed some on her face and arms.

Suddenly, an arrow whizzed past her head.

Miranda turned her head to see a dozen soldiers racing toward her. Seeing more arrows being shot, she did the only thing she could do after being caught off guard.

She ran!

00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Snap

Peter's eyes shot open as he heard the sound. Looking around quickly, he saw his youngest sister leaving the group. Silently, he wrapped his sword around his waist and followed.

He followed her through dense trees and thick bushes, trying to keep up. All of a sudden he heard growls not far off, and he turned his head to see a minotaur. His sister kept going.

"Aslan?" she said.

Thinking quickly, Peter put his hand over Lucy's mouth, muffling her sound. She looked up at him in fear, then relaxed as she recognized him. Peter motioned with his eyes for her to take a look. She turned her head, and saw the minotaur.

Peter put his finger up to his lips, and slowly advanced toward the minotaur. His mind thinking only of the grief they had given them, he drew his sword.

Suddenly, a sword crashed down upon his, and within seconds, Peter found himself fighting a dark haired young man. The two fought furiously, and both lost their swords. Peter scrambled for a rock and shot up, finding himself held in place by his own sword. The young man held it within a foot from his face, his eyes dark and serious.

"No!" he heard his sister shout as she emerged from the bushes. The young man looked curiously at her, but Peter noticed something else.

Within minutes, the forest had become crawling with centaurs, satyrs, fauns, dwarfs, minotaurs, and talking animals. The Narnians had finally emerged!

Peter looked at the strange person he had just met, and a single thought came to him.

"Prince Caspian?"

"Yes, and who are you?"

All of a sudden, a voice shouted;

"Peter!" And Susan, Edmund, and Trumpkin came rushing towards them.

Caspian looked at the sword in his hands, then up at Peter.

"You are them?"

"I believe you called," Peter replied.

"I… I thought you would be older."

Peter, now thoroughly annoyed, said;

"Well, if you like, we can come back in a few years."

"No," he quickly said," It's just, you are not quite what I expected." Prince Caspian's gaze crossed over the whole group, taking it all in.

"Neither are you," Edmund commented.