Chapter 8: Two Kings and Two Queens.

Two Kings and Two Queens.

Peter sat on a bench with his three other siblings, feeling sore and bruised. They were waiting at a train station for the train that would take them back to boarding school.

"You're welcome," his brother said.

"I had it sorted," Peter huffed, getting up from the bench.

"What was it this time?" Susan asked.

"He bumped me," Peter replied.

"So you hit him?" Lucy asked with wide eyes.

"No, after he bumped me he tried to make me apologize. That's when I hit him."

"Really, is it that hard to just walk away?" Susan sighed.

"I shouldn't have to! I mean, don't you ever get tired of being treated like a kid?" Peter asked, frustrated.

"We are kids," Edmund pointed out.

Peter looked down on his brother, and said the words that had been on his mind for the last year.

"Well I wasn't always." He could sense his siblings share the same feeling he had. "It's been a year now."

"I think that we should just face it. He's not going to call us back," Susan said. Peter saw Lucy look at her with hurt in her eyes. How could she say that?

"Uh, Oh," Susan said suddenly, and turned her body towards her siblings. "Pretend that you are talking to me."

"We are talking to you," Edmund replied, getting himself a glare from his sister.

"Ow," Lucy cried out, jumping up from her seat.

"Stop it Lucy," Susan said sternly, but then Edmund jumped up. Pretty soon, all four siblings felt as if something was pulling them.

"It feels like magic," Lucy shouted.

"Hold hands," Susan cried. Peter grabbed her hand, and then reached his hand out for his brother's.

"I'm not holding your hand," Edmund whined at Peter.

"Just do it," Peter ordered.

Suddenly, the train station disappeared. The bricks and tracks melted away, replaced by rocks and sand. Peter's heart caught in his throat. They were back!

Peter watched Susan and Lucy give each other a look, and race down the beach, throwing off their jackets. Peter and Edmund followed close behind. Soon, all four were in the ocean, splashing each other and laughing with joy. But Peter noticed that Edmund had a peculiar expression on his face.

"What is it Ed?"

"Where do you suppose we are?" his brother replied.

"Where do you think?" Peter asked, surprised that his brother would think anywhere else.

"Well, I don't remember any ruins in Narnia."

Peter followed his brother's gaze. Sure enough, there were ruins that he didn't recognize.

The four siblings looked at each other curiously. Where were they then?

Peter led his brother and sisters up a steep path towards the ruins. As they reached the top, they realized that they were completely surrounded by water. They were on an island!

The four of them set off in different directions, looking and admiring the place they had discovered.

"I wonder who lived here," Lucy commented.