Chapter 27: The Final Battle of the Warrior.

The Final Battle of the Warrior.

"One. Two. And.... go!"

"North!"

"South!"

"Equator!"

"Beaver! You're out!"

"No fair! My legs are too short!"

Tirian laughed as he watched the curious game. On the ground were three ropes about 20 feet apart. One side was north, the far side was south, and the middle was the equator. Tirian had sat out because he had never even heard of the game before. But many of the old Narnians did, and it was quite funny watching them all run from one side to the other until someone lagged behind. Now, only a few people remained in the line; a centaur named Orieus, King Edmund, King Caspian, and Queen Lucy. Each and every one was dressed in fabulous Narnian robes, though the men wore some armor.

Tirian's eyes once again looked at the beauty around them. The sky was bluer than any sky he could remember, with not one white cloud in sight. The happy gurgle of a stream could be heard not far away, and the waters were crystal clear. The grass was light and bouncy and springy, and such a green that you couldn't stare at it for very long. And all friends of Narnia were there, which made it all the more wonderful. He rested once again upon Jewel's white back.

For just a moment, Tirian's gaze went to the High King Peter. He was sitting at a distance from the other's, watching the game, but with a bit of a sad expression on his face. In fact, it wasn't just Peter that looked a bit down. He had noticed that Peter's brother and sister would get that look, and even Caspian.

But how could they be sad? They were all in Narnia with those that they loved and Aslan watching over them all.

But something still made them sad. And Tirian was curious as to what it was.

His attention was brought back to the game, however, when he heard Orieus shouting "Let me go!" When he looked back, he couldn't help from laughing. Edmund and Caspian had grabbed onto the centaur's legs, giving Lucy a clear run for the North side. Lucy ran, touched the line, and won the game.

00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Peter laughed along with the others as he watched his brother and his friend grab onto Orieus and hold him for Lucy to win. His mind though did not stay there long. He looked back to the horizon and gave a sigh.

"What is it Peter?" He heard beside him. Peter turned to see Lucy sitting beside him, with Caspian and Edmund standing right behind her.

"You've had a cloud over your head for at least three hours now," Edmund said. "Ever since Aslan explained that we would be staying here forever. So why do you seem so gloomy?"

"Doesn't something seem a little wrong to you?" Peter replied. "I've looked all over, and have yet to see two faces in the crowd. Two faces whom I think should have been here, one especially in particular." His voice had softened at the last part.

"I have to agree with Peter," said Caspian. "Only for my eyes, I have not yet seen three faces. Strange that the Warriors of Narnia should not be the ones here. I have yet to see my own warrior, Glenstorm. Or the warrior that followed him, Finus the dwarf."

"Doesn't that seem a little odd?" Peter continued. "The Warriors of Narnia are the ones that aren't here. And wouldn't it seem that they should be, since they were the ones that were given the task of fighting for and protecting Narnia?"

"I see your point," Edmund said. "And it only makes one feel as if... well..., as if they didn't give enough because they aren't here."

"How can that be true?" Lucy asked. "She always gave her utmost."