Chapter 14: "Fight Like Never Before"

"Fight Like Never Before"

He was sitting on a chair in the middle of some old ruins that he couldn't remember the significance of, facing a large hill called "Aslan's Howe," or something like that. Staring at him on his right was a large centaur; and to the left, a talking bear.

Miraz was quite confident that he had put the Narnians in their place. No more would he be plagued with the very thought of their existence. And Caspian now being on their side only made it easier to take the throne.

He tightened the straps on his armor as he awaited the "High King" Peter to come from his hole. This was going to be too easy.

The Narnians suddenly made a loud shout, and three figures emerged from the tall hill. Miraz recognized Prince.... King Edmund walking on the far left side, holding a magnificent sword across his chest. The High King walked in the middle, his gaze hard and ready. For just a second, Miraz's composure was shaken. Then his eyes traveled to the third figure, and he got a slight shock. Walking next to the King Peter was a young woman, holding a silver shield with a red crimson lion covering its front.

As the three figures reached the ruins, the Narnians became quiet. King Peter first turned to his left and took his shield from the girl. After he secured it in place, she knelt before him. The High King gave a soft smile, and put his hand upon her head. Then turning towards his brother, he took his sword from its sheath. For a moment, Miraz was blinded by the light that reflected off the blade, but he did manage to see the two brothers give a slight nod of their heads to each other.

"If things should seem to be going wrong..." he said to General Glozelle, nodding at the crossbow in his hands.

Glozelle gave a slight nod of his head, and Miraz stood up, taking his sword, shield, and helmet.

"I hope you won't be too disappointed if I survive."

Miraz and King Peter stepped forward at the same moment. Miraz decided to take a chance at messing with him.

"There is still time to surrender."

"Feel free," King Peter growled back, not missing a beat.

"How many more must die for the throne," Miraz snarled.

"Just one."

Miraz felt a chill crawl down his spine.

0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

It all happened within a second. One moment the two were five feet away from each other, tense and ready. The next moment, they were head to head in battle.

Peter jumped onto a fallen rock and slammed himself down upon Miraz. Miraz easily defended himself, and Peter had to block a swipe from Miraz's sword. He swung his sword for the middle, but Miraz had seen to quickly, and shielded himself. The next second, Peter felt a huge slam across his face as Miraz threw his whole body onto the shield.

The two played around for each other for a few moments before Miraz attacked head on. Peter felt his helmet fall from his head and the chain mail slipped away. He tried to throw his body on Miraz, using his whole weight against him. But Miraz was smart. He pulled out of the way fast, flinging Peter like a rag doll to the ground. Peter, trying to gain some ground, threw his foot at Miraz's face. He missed, but Miraz stepped back, giving Peter enough room to get back up.

Peter suddenly saw an opening, and cut a large slice on Miraz's knee. Miraz gave a cry out. He flung Peter back down upon the ground and stepped upon his shield. Peter could feel something within his arm snap.