Chapter 23: Time Goes On.

Time Goes On.

Her eyes just stared at the ceiling. She looked at no one. She spoke to no one. She just sat there, staring at the ceiling. Many of the nurses thought that the shock had been so great that she had lost her mind. But Dr. Johnson knew better.

She was angry. At what, or at whom, he didn't know. But her eyes spoke fathoms of it. Yes, there was pain. Yes, there was sorrow. But her anger topped both emotions.

It wasn't the first time she had lost someone. To be deprived of both her parents, to not have been able to say good-bye, it wasn't a fair thing for a 16 year old to have already dealt with. Her father had died in the war miles away, and Miranda was too late to say anything to her mother.

With great reluctance, he looked into her records and finances. He had to sell most of their belongings to help Miranda's finances to stay in the hospital. Only the things that she needed or that she put her foot down about certain things. Her records said that she had no family over on this side, and Dr. Johnson wouldn't move her now at any point.

Thankfully, Mr. and Mrs. Pevensie had agreed to take her in when she recovered. Unfortunately, that was not happening. Since the tragedy of her mother's death, Miranda had gone into relapses of her heart attacks. Worse still, she was not eating well, and would not recieve visitors.

Finally, Dr. Johnson put his foot down.

0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Edmund was the first at the door, and for once, Peter was glad that he wasn't in that position. From what Dr. Johnson had informed them, this was not going to end up pretty.

After all the Pevensies lined up at the door, Edmund gave the doorknob a twist and slowly opened the door.

Miranda didn't seem to notice that they were there. She just stared at the ceiling. Not blinking, not stirring, just looking up at the ceiling.

Peter's eyes glanced around. The room was just like any ordinary hospital room, but Peter noticed the Bible by her bed. It was unopened.

"I thought that I said no visitors," Miranda said, finally acknowledging that they were there. Her voice was empty of all emotion.

"We know that Miranda," Mother began," But..."

"Then why are you here?" she asked, a hard edge coming into her voice. Peter was surprised. It was not like Miranda to be so.... well, he wasn't sure what it was.

"We came because Dr. Johnson said that you were, well, not doing alright," Mother continued, a little slowly.

"I said 'no visitors'," Miranda repeated, this time, her voice sounding a great deal like a growl.

"But Miranda...."

"Get out."

"Miranda," Susan started.

"I said get out," Miranda repeated.

"We're not leaving..."

"GET OUT!!!"

This time, Miranda shouted, and a look of fury crossed her face that Peter had never seen before.

"GET OUT!!!"

Peter's eyes glanced at her monitor. It was pacing very fast.

"Come on!" Peter said to the others urgently.

"But," Mother argued.

"No buts right now Mom. Trust me, please."

The family shuffled out of the room and quickly closed the door.