Chapter 12: Anger, Sorrow, and Temptation.

Anger, Sorrow, and Temptation.

If Caspain had one wish, it would to have turned back time and to never have blown the horn. He had called the kings and queens to help them, not to get half of their army killed.

"What happened?" Queen Lucy asked in a strained voice as the small group of surviving Narnians slowly walked towards the Howe.

The high king's head glanced up at his sister's words.

"Ask him!" he said angrily, directing his head toward Caspian.

Caspian looked up in shock and anger. Now he was blaming him for it?!

"Peter!" Caspian heard Queen Susan say, but paid no attention to it. He was going to have it out now!

"Me? You could have called it off, there was still time!"

"No there wasn't thanks to you," King Peter replied, his voice shaking. "If you had kept to the plan, those soldiers might be alive right now."

"And if you had just stayed here like I had suggested they definitely would be," Caspian shot back, his anger burning.

"You called us, remember?"

Caspian narrowed his eyes.

"My first mistake."

"No. Your first mistake was thinking you could lead these people." The words from King Peter's mouth were cold and hard as he turned to walk towards the Howe.

But Caspian was far from finished.

"Hey!" he shouted, grabbing King Peter's shoulder and turning him around to look him in the face. "I am not the one who abandoned Narnia."

King Peter's face went white, and Caspian knew that he had struck a nerve. Whether that was good or bad, he wasn't sure.

"You invaded Narnia," the high king said, his throat tight. "You have no more right leading than Miraz does."

Now Caspian was really mad, and he was not willing to hear anymore insults. This so called "High" king had mocked him long enough. He brush passed his shoulder and went angrily towards the Howe.

"You, him, your father! Narnia's better off without the lot of you."

Everything suddenly went blank. That remark about his father was going too far. Caspian lost his control. Grasping his sword, he lifted it and screamed. The high king grabbed his sword, and the two pointed them menacingly at each other.

Then, all of a sudden, a voice shouted;

"Stop it!" and a sword crashed down in between the two, making them both let go of their swords. They both turned to the source of the sword and the voice, and Caspian gasped.

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Peter's eyes went wide with horror as he saw the condition Miranda was in. Dried blood had caked onto her clothes from both of her wounds. Her hair had become undone and now fell down over her shoulders. Her face was streaked with dust and dirt, and her clothes were torn and cut up into near shreds. Her quiver was empty, save for the bow, and she held her sword in her right hand.

But to look into her eyes was the worst. A vat of darkness and fatigue, filled with sadness and pain.

"Stop acting like children!" she continued, her voice strained. "Can you not see that this is both of yours fault?"

Both Peter and Caspian looked to each other like they had been punched in the stomach.

Miranda first looked towards Caspian.