Chapter 11: The Raid.

The Raid.

Into the dark black night, a griffon swooped down. Silently, stealthily it flew.

It landed on a tower, and King Edmund released his hold on the griffon, gripping onto the tower. The guard beneath him never saw what was coming.

The griffon quickly snatched the guard in its claw, silencing him. And Edmund jumped down to the tower floor. Pulling out his torch, he clicked it on and off. Out of the darkness he saw five griffons swooping down to the castle.

0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Peter gave Caspian the signal. He watched as Caspian drew his sword, and the griffon swooped lower. A guard looked up, and tried to grab his own sword, but was too late. Caspian lashed his sword, and the guard fell.

The griffon pulled up higher, and followed the others.

Peter saw Susan take out an arrow and shoot. The arrow hit the guard, and Peter drew his sword and attacked another as the griffons gently dropped them on the castle wall. Miranda popped up beside Peter and shot an arrow, killing another guard. So far, so good.

After Caspian and Trumpkin made their landings, the small group headed towards a ridge. Caspian took a piece of rope and tied it to a small pillar. Slowly, he lowered himself down to a window.

"Professor," he whispered as he knocked on the window.

There was no answer.

Peter lowered himself as Caspian opened the window, and he noticed that the window had a small jagged hole.

Susan followed close behind. Trumpkin began lowering himself, but lost hold. As he began to fall, Susan reached out and caught him by the beard. The two quickly pulled themselves in the room. Last of all, Miranda brought herself down and entered the room.

Peter glanced around a room full of astronomical instruments and historical books. Caspian picked up a small pair of glasses that were on the desk.

"We have to find him," Caspian said.

"We don't have enough time! We need you at the gate," Peter argued.

"If it weren't for him, you wouldn't be here! And neither would I!"

Susan looked over at Peter and said;

"You and I can handle Miraz."

"And I can still get to the gate in time," Caspian added.

"My king," Peter suddenly heard behind him. He turned to Miranda. "Let me get to the gate."

"No Miranda," Peter said firmly. "I need you at the armory to make sure the soldiers do not get to their weapons."

"But sire, it would be much easier for Prince Caspian to get to the armory. Less time consuming for us all."

"No Miranda. You are my best swordsman and I know how you can fight. I need you at the armory."

Miranda simply nodded her head.

"Everyone get to your positions," Peter ordered. The five left the room in different directions.

"Yes," Peterthought, "Everything is going to be alright. Now it will all get back to normal."

0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Miranda slowly remembered Caspian's instructions of how to get to the armory. She went down a flight of stairs, went past the stables, and stationed herself in the middle of a room full of swords and armor.