1. Pieces of the Puzzle

So here we are, the final book. I know it's been a long journey, and I'm sorry for making you guys wait so long between chapters. Thank you for being so patient whilst I was completing year 12, I really appreciate

Hopefully this will be easier to write, because the Death Cure is actually my favorite of the three. I had trouble with the Scorch Trials because, to be honest, it's my least favorite of the three, so it was harder to find motivation to write it.

Thank you for all your views, votes and comments, they mean so much!

Question: What do you think lies ahead for the final book?

-----------

Lori sits in the bedroom she currently shares with Clara, Harriet and Sonya. They had been in the WICKED compound for three weeks now, and to say nothing had happened would be an overstatement.

Other than talking to her friends, there wasn't much to do here. But the thing that mattered the most, was that there had been no talk of the so called 'Cure' as of yet.
Was this just another scam? The Trials can't actually be over can they? These are questions she has been pondering for the past three weeks.

A person's voice suddenly comes into focus, saying her name repeatedly as they wave a hand in front of her face. "Lori? You okay?"

She blinks a couple of times, trying to restore her concentration. "Hm? Yeah. I was just thinking, sorry."

Clara gives a sort smile, no knowing how to reply. Lori spaced out often lately, so she had grown used to it; but that didn't mean it didn't worry her. With all that had happened, it seemed unlike Lori to be so quiet. "Good. We have to go they're calling some meeting thing. Don't have a clue what it's about." Lori nods and climbs off of her bed.

The four girls walk together towards a rather small auditorium, where most of the Gladers alright sit waiting. Everyone looks okay, smiling as they talk in their small group, some even laughing. Lori immediately spots Newt and Minho. She goes to tell Clara, but she is already speed walking over to the two boys.

When they are beside the two, Minho wraps an arm around Clara. Lori raises a brow, "What's this?"
A bright red flows across Clara's cheeks as she stares down at her feet, a silent smile on her lips. Minho realizes what he did, and awkwardly moves his arm away, stuttering as he thinks of an explanation.

Newt chuckles, "Don't be so bloody stupid mate, we don't care if you've got a girlfriend. If anyone can find a way to be happy right now, then so be it."
Minho nods, still too shaken to reply. His automatic response to put his arm around the smaller girl makes Lori think that it may have been going on for a while. How had she not noticed?

They talk amongst themselves for ten to fifteen minutes, and Lori goes over to Aris for a little bit; mainly to catch up with him, but she also feels like she is required to or something, since they're related. Just as she's returning to her friends, the auditorium door opens to reveal Thomas, standing in jean and a shirt, with the Rat Man close behind him. He had been taken for an assessment over three weeks ago, and never came back. They were all so worried, so it was nice to see that he was safe.
Unfortunately, Brenda and Jorge still have not returned. No one knew where they had gone, they just were. When they first arrived at the headquarters, no one saw them come in with them, so it was impossible to tell what had happened.

"Well, I've been shucked and gone to heaven. It's Thomas!" Minho calls out. Everyone in the auditorium responds by shouting and cheering, smiles and laughs erupting throughout the room.
Looking closely, Lori notices that Thomas is frowning. Why? She wasn't sure yet, but she was definitely going to find out.