9. Not Him Again

It's been like two chapters without Newt and I miss him!

Here's another chapter, please keep voting and commenting, it means a lot to me!

Question of the Chapter: what movie are you most excited for this year? I personally cannot wait for 'Beauty & the Beast'

--------------------

Lori and Minho stand staring in through the coffee shop window, their eyes searching for Thomas and Brenda. Before they even had the chance to spot them, Brenda is beside them breathing heavily.

"It's insane in there!" She exclaims.

Lori looks back to the window, spotting Thomas, who appears to be looking for someone. Assuming that person is Brenda, Lori walks up to the window and pounds the glass pane, grabbing the boy's attention, before gesturing to Brenda.

Within two minutes, all the customers and workers have evacuated the store. All except Thomas and two other men.

The man is saying something to Thomas, but Lori can't make out his words, the glass muffling them. Thomas says something back, before kneeling down and picking something up off of the floor, before holding something out to the guard in the red shirt. A gun. He handing him a gun.

Red Shirt climbs to his feet, before snatching the gun out of Thomas' grasp.

The two converse as the man keeps the gun steadily aims at the poor Crank curled up in a ball on the floor.

Suddenly, the gun is no longer pointing at the man on the floor, but at Thomas. Red Shirt flicked in the gun, motioning to something. Thomas starts to say something, before dropping his head and slumping into the chair the man had been pointing out.

Thomas looks over to them, the look in his eyes makes it look like the hope he once had so much of is slowing being extracted from his being.

"Minho, what do we do? That guy could kill Thomas?" Lori questions, not taking her eyes away from the scene before them for even a second.

Minho lets out a tense breath, "I don't know. I don't think we can risk doing anything, without that shank shooting Tommy in the head."

Red Shirt is putting the gun into a holster now, pulling out the device he had previously been using to randomly test people for the Flare. The man holds the device in front of Thomas' face, a bright light flashing for a short moment.

The man retracts his hand, looking closely at a screen on the device, saying something to Thomas.

Lori notices something bright out the corner of her eye, turning to see four people in bright green plastic suits,  big goggles, and masks similar to that which Red Shirt is wearing, walking towards the little coffee shop. She grabs Minho's arm, and pulls them back from the window a bit, not wanting to draw too much attention to themselves.

From their new vantage point, they definitely can't hear a word, but can see their mouths moving. At first, it seems like a civilized conversation, before the green people start to aim weapons, and Red Shirt is yelling at the man on the floor. Thomas just remains in his seat, not interfering.

The yelling continues, one of the green men aiming a large blue object at the man. After a moment, Red Shirt walks up, pointing the gun at the man's face. Lori's breath hitches in her throat, her instincts pulling back towards the window to see what's going on.

The green person presses the blue contraption against the top of the man's head. All of a sudden, the object is secreting a substance that looks like a sort of gel. It is a cloudy blue and appears to be very dense, yet moves at a fast pace. It distributes itself over the man's head, travelling down to cover his ears and face. The man is fidgeting and screaming, but is forcefully stopped when the gel conceals his mouth. But it doesn't stop there; it continues until it has covered every inch and crevice of his body, hardening as it goes.