8. Wasting Time

Sorry for the late update, I was watching movie and lost track of time!

We're getting closer to half way through 'the Death Cure', and that means closer to the chapter!

Question of the Chapter: Who's watching the final season of 'Teen Wolf'? Every episode makes me want to cry!

----------

Once Hans had left the room, the woman following close behind, the group all look at one another. "That wasn't so bad," Brenda says, letting out a light sigh.

No one says anything in response, but all Lori can think is how Brenda is right in a way. They're getting the devices removed, so things could've ended on a much sourer note.

Minho lets out a laugh he seems to have been holding in for a while. "You look scared, Tommy."

Don't forget, muchacho," Jorge grins. "You're doing this, too. That gray-haired grandpa said five minutes, so get ready."

"Let's just get this over with," Clara shrugs.

Just as everyone is about to stand from the table and prepare for the removal, Thomas' head drops into his hand, his elbows leaning against the table.

"Thomas?" Brenda whisper. "You okay?"

He lifts his head from his hands slightly, "I just need to-"

But he doesn't finish; instead, he sits bolt upright in his chair, looking like a deer in the headlights. His limbs go rigid before going into a spasm, his body falling out of the chair and onto the floor as his arms and legs twist. he yells in pain when his body makes contact with the floor, but the movement doesn't stop. He almost appears to be having a seizure of sorts.

"Thomas!" Lori says in a low voice, dropping down beside him. Minho and Clara are by her side, trying to calm him and hold him down Brenda is next to his head, whispering things, also trying to calm him; and Jorge, stands as still as a statue, eyes wide in shock. "Thomas, what's going on? Thomas, talk to us!"

His lips move, as if attempting speech, but the only thing that comes out of his mouth is drool.

Brenda is no longer whisper, "Can you hear me?" she yells, leaning over the top of him to look at his face. "Thomas, what's wrong!"

All of a sudden, he just stops. His feet hit the floor, and his arm drop down by his sides. He could pass as a mannequin.

They're all talking to him now, as if that would help him to speak. No one knows what to do, because none of them have any idea what the hell is wrong with him.

Then, he's talking, but his words aren't making sense. Lori had to listen carefully, to make sure she was hearing him correctly.

"I can't . . . let you . . . do this."

Brenda continues to yell in Thomas' face, before the boy reaches a hand up and pushes her away forcefully.

Jorge finally moves by taking a step to help Brenda, but instead, receives a punch to the chin from Thomas. His head whips back and blood sprayed from his lip.

"I can't . . . let you . . . do this!" He screamed, the words being pushed out between clenched teeth.

They all just stand there, unsure of what to do. Thomas is on his feet now, walking like a baby deer towards the door, pushing Minho out of his way. On his way to the door, he reaches over the kitchen counter and grabs a hold of a knife, gripping the handle tightly in his hand.