10. Didn't Lose Your Charm

Double digits! Whoooo!

What are you guys thinking so far?

I know a lot of the dialogue is straight from the book itself, but I'm a big believer that you shouldn't change a whole heap from the original, because that's what made it great in the first place!

Question of the Chapter: I am a big fan of 'the Death Cure', so I would love to know if my changes are still doing it justice. Drop me a comment and let me know!

----------

As the cop machine hovers away, Lori's eye swing to Thomas, wanting to say so many things. She wants to ask him to save Newt, but then again, they had said they wouldn't trust WICKED. She doesn't know what to say, so she just begins with getting his attention.
"Thomas."

His head falls slightly, knowing what the conversation to succumb is going to involve. "Look, Lori-"

"There they are!" Someone shouts from down the road. They both spin around to see Minho racing along the sidewalk towards them, Brenda, Jorge and Clara in his shadow.

Thomas looks back at Lori for a moment, allowing an apologetic smile to befall his face, before he walks off towards the others.

Lori can't bring herself to follow him. The thoughts in her head were to much to bare, heavy on her shoulders as she slides towards the ground with the car acting as a support.

"Holy . . . What happened to him?" She isn't looking at the group, but can only assume that Minho is referring to Red Shirt, who still lies dead on the ground. "And you two? You okay? Did either of you do that?"

Thomas scoffs, "Yeah, I pulled out my machine gun and blasted him to tiny bits."

"Who killed him?" a female voice asks. Brenda, it is Brenda, Lori thinks to herself. She knows that she should probably be up with them, but she just can't. Not yet; not until she can find some way to compose her thoughts.

"One of those machines," Thomas replies. "Flew in here, shot him to death, then next hing I know the Rat Man appears on a screen. He tried to convince me that I need to go back to WICKED. Said he wants Lori as well."

"Dude," Minho says, sounding worried. "You can't even - "

"Give me some credit!" Thomas yells. "There's no way I'd go back, but maybe them needing me so much could help is at some point."

A different girl begins speaking. Clara. "Thomas, what's wrong with Lori."

The strawberry blond doesn't even need to look over to know that all eyes are currently on her.

"That's what I was just about to talk about. Forget about everything else I just said, because right now, we need to worry about Newt. Janson thinks that Newt's succumbing to the Flare a lot faster than average. We have to go check on him."

Lori feels tears rolling down her cheeks slowly, the weight of her thoughts finally breaking her.

"He really said that?" Minho questions.

"Yeah," Thomas replies, much calmer than the previous time. "And I believe him on this. You saw how Newt's been acting." Their voices are almost a whisper, as if they believe that Lori wont hear what they're discussing.

"We better check on him somehow. Do something for him."

Lori doesn't hear Minho reply, but she does he footsteps coming towards her.
Before she has a chance to debate, Minho is sliding down beside her. He doesn't say anything, just sits quietly beside her.