15. No Way

THE CHAPTER is nearly here! What do you guys think is gonna happen?

Also, I've looked at the number of chapters left, and by the looks of it, the final installment will most likely be around 25 chapters, give or take!

Comment, vote, share, let me know what you're thinking!

Question of the Chapter: have you read all the books, or just seen the movies? No judgement, just curious

xoxo

----------

"Uh-uh, there is no way in hell you are leaving me here," Lori snaps.

Minho nods, "What she said."

Thomas continues to shake his head. "Me and her. We did well for ourselves back in the Scorch. We can do it."

"No way, man!" Minho shouts. He doesn't look happy with Thomas, like the boy has betrayed him. Lori feels the same way. She and Minho have known him for longer, yet he trusts Brenda over them?
We shouldn't split up. All six of us should go - it'll be safer."

"Minho, we need someone here to watch over things." Thomas' excuses just seem to be annoying Minho more. "Plus, I hate to say it, but what if something does happen to us? Stay behind and make sure our plans don't die. They've got Frypan, Minho. Who knows who else. You said once that I should be the Keeper of the Runners. Well, let me do that today. Trust me. Like the lady said, the fewer we are, the better our chances of going unnoticed."

Minho stands there just staring at his friend for multiple minutes, before he finally caves. "Fine. But if you die I will not be happy."

Thomas half smiles. "Good that.

After Thomas and Brenda go through the door with a single guard, Lori looks to Minho. "Take care of Clara."

"Lori, what are you -"

But she is already through the door, running up to Thomas. She isn't giving up so easily.

"Thomas, don't you dare try and convince me to stay back, because I won't be. I don't care what you say, I'm coming with you."

He runs a hand through his hair. "Lori, it's too dangerous."

"And when has that ever stopped me?" She crosses her arms over her chest.

"You know that Newt would kill me if I let you do this."

Lori feels as if a knife has been run through her heart. "Well, I guess we're lucky he's not here then, aren't we?"

Thomas' face seems to flash with an emotion that would most likely be characterized as guilt. Lori doesn't know why, but is definitely curious. "Fine. But please try to stay out of danger. I don't need Minho on my back if something happens to you."

The girl's face splits into a grin as she follows her two friends and the guard into a van. Lori also learnt that the Guard's name is Lawrence. They all manage to fit in the front seat, considering the two girls and Thomas are rather thin.

Just as they're about to leave, they hear thumping on the roof as the van sways, and then a cough.

They all look at each other, and Thomas whispers, "Someone's on the van."

Lawrence immediately guns it, hoping the person may just fall off of the roof.

As they're driving, Lori notices hair above the windscreen, and then a forehead, eyes, and the rest of the Crank woman's faces. She peeks her hear over to look inside the van, she patches of hair going wild in the wind caused by the speed of the van.