19. No More To Give

You guys literally have no idea. I actually full-on considered just stopping after the last chapter.

I feel like I have sinned. I'm definitely going to hell. Lord, help me.

Comment, vote, share, let me know what you're thinking!

Question of the Chapter: How do you guys feel after the last chapter?

----------

Darkness. Everything is shrouded by darkness. Lori feels dread start to claw at her throat and panic stirs inside of her. She peels open her eyes and looks around.

The first thing she sees is Newt. His beautiful eyes robbed of all life. Looking at his eyes, leads her to see his forehead, and the bullet hole that lies between his brows.

At that moment, seeing the dark hole in his head, the dam breaks and all of her emotions are released at once.

She cries and screams and remains laying on Thomas, who got knocked out when Lori tackled him, smacking his head on the cement.

She sits up and starts hitting his chest, even though he's still not awake.

"How could you?" She screams at the unconscious boy. "How could you do that? How could you kill him?"

Lori continues to smack him for a while, before she crawls over to Newt, collapsing on his chest.

She lays her ear against his chest, pointlessly searching for a heartbeat. Even though she can see that the bullet would have definitely went through his brain, she is still shocked to find that he didn't have a pulse.

"No no no no no no no!" She screams, tears streaming down her face.

"Lori, we have to go!" She hears Thomas yell to her. He was haphazardly walking towards her, his head still aching. He grabs her arm, but Lori pulls away, wrapping her arms around Newt.

"NO! I'm not leaving!" She screeches. She cries into his shirt, not pulling away from him.

She looks at Thomas, and he isn't looking back at her, just holding his hand out. He doesn't want to look at Newt. He doesn't want to see what he did.
"Lori-"

Lawrence cuts him off, screaming to them both. "Get in!"

Thomas runs up to her and grips her arm, trying to pull her away from Newt whilst still looking looking in their direction.

"No! Let go of me!" She screams, doing her best to escape him.

"Hurry up, the Cranks are coming!" Lawrence shouts, driving the van closer.

Lori refuses to let go, holding onto him tightly. She had the crazy idea, that he might somehow come back; just like she did.

She wants to believe that he's still alive so badly.

Eventually, Lawrence jumps out of the van and tears Thomas off of Lori. "We don't have time for this, boy. She's not going to leave. And if we don't don't go, we're going to die as well."

Unwillingly and regretfully, Thomas is thrown into the van, and Lori can hear the sound of the engine slowly growing quieter as they drive towards WICKED.

Luckily for Lori, the Cranks in the vicinity are too busy following and trying to attack the van to take any notice of her crying.

She is surprised they can't hear her shattering into a million pieces. She certainly can. The sound was ear-piercing.

When she thinks she hears a noise, she immediately sits upright, looking at the dead boy before her. The boy she loves.

Lori begins to shake him, calling his name, thinking that the noise had escaped him.