A Few New Friends

"You've forgotten Todd." A small voice echoed in my ears, no pictures or images came along with this small voice. No, it was just that one small, frail, broken voice. It hurts me when I hear it but its always there telling me I have forgotten, but what have I forgotten?! What?!

 I jumped awake when I heard a loud growling hiss, my eyes snapped open and I looked around my room. Nothing was out of place, it was the same as it has been for the past week I've been here that damn nagging feeling was back.

 The body next to mine under the covers told me the source of the loud noise, I lifted the covers and was met with red eyes "Nyx what are you doing under there?" She shuffled up and crawled onto my chest nuzzling her head under my chin.

 "Sorry, I startled her when I came in to wake you." I looked up at David as I pushed myself up, "Wake me up?" I yawn and absently scratch Nyx's chin, David nodded "You have classes today, you need to get ready."

 I sighed and tossed my blankets off as he left, I stood and stretched and headed for the shower. Nyx followed me. She enjoyed taking showers with me.

 By the time I was dry and dressed Benson had come up to tell me to get breakfast now or go without it. Nyx settled herself on my back in between my wings, wrapping her tail around my waist and clutching my shoulders and shirt. Her head rested on my right shoulder.

 I jogged down the stairs in white skinny jeans, black dress shirt fixed to fit my wings. Sitting at the table I smile as Benson puts a plate of pancakes in front of me, and a smaller plate of raw meat for Nyx. As soon as my food was gone I packed a small box of raw meat for Nyx and stopped by the door, Benson and David stood behind me. Half naked.

 "Aren't you guys coming to class?" David frowned while Benson shook his head, "No. Our parents are here today. Mrs. Roxe has informed them of our having a mate." As he said mate his hand  brushed through my hair. I could feel it shaking a bit.

 "What's wrong with finding your mate?" David forced a smile "Nothing Todd, relax. Don't worry about it, we will handle it. Just focus on your classes." He paused, "Please try to avoid the other Weres here. Most wolves are just itching for anything to get the upper hand with other wolves. Anything to cause a fight to show who is more powerful."

 Nyx clicked in my ear when Benson suddenly bent down and pushed his tongue into my mouth before his lips crushed mine. I gasped loudly as a shiver ran up my spine, my wings drooped and my hands came up to tangle in his hair.

 He pulled away from me, leaving me breathless and panting. He bit my ear before whispering "Have a good day Todd." He leaned away from me and his brother took his place, his lips prying mine open making me whimper at him. He nibbled on my lip, "We'll be here when you get back."

 Dazed I was pushed out of the house and came face to face with Janet's large pink eyes, she grabbed my hand and tugged me forward "Come on!" I followed her floating form to the large main building. She pulled me right passed the main building.

 "Uh, Janet? Where are you taking me?" Her impossibly large eyes blinked back at me "The Field. We have a whole hour before classes start. I wanted to see how fast you can pick up on flying." My face paled.

 "What? Fly? I haven't been taught how yet! I can't fly!" Her smile fell as she turned to me, completely serious. "Todd, I am going to help you start flying now, because there are people at this school who will hurt you for the attention you have from not only the Head Mistress, but also from the two sons of Alpha Samson. The head wolf of the largest pack in the world."

 My eyebrows shot up, "You've got to be shitting me. They just told me I was their mate! I didn't know they were the alpha's sons!" Her eyes widened.