The Ceremony

(Todd)

 I stumbled after the woman pulling my arm, her hair fluttered around as she pulled my out of the car and up to an impossibly large house. It was a lovey shade of white and surrounded on all sides with every flower you could imagine.

 "Come on! Oh this will be so fun!" Nyx trotted to keep up as I was pushed inside the open doors, instantly three pairs of hands were poking my face and playing with my hair, and picking at my clothes.

 "Look at his hair, it'll be wonderful to work with." "His attire will need to be changed." "He certainly won't be needing any make-up, look at his adorable face!" Panic made my heart jump into my throat and I found myself crammed into the corner of the roof.

 I forced myself to calm down and noted the walls in this room were warm earthy tones, the carpt was white and soft looking. There were expensive looking glass tables, couches, lamps, and book shevles littering the room in a way that was pleasing to look at. I looked down at the four girls staring up at me, Jasmin crossed her arms and eyed the other three.

 "What did I say about the smothering?" The girls all looked exactly alike, triplets. They were blond and the perfect cover image for models.

 The one on the right had her hair in a simple pony tail, her clothes looked stunning though simple enough for evening ware. The one on the left had her hair falling in thick curls and very small braids lacing threw. The girl in the middle had her hair in one big braid down her back, her clothes very colorful and her make-up matching.

 Jasmin sighed and waved me down, I tilted my head and slowly slid down the wall. I inched toward them with Nyx finally trotting into the house, I felt my shirt move and looked down at the the three babies poking their heads out to stare at the girls. They looked as scared as I felt.

 The girl with the pony tail awed and was in front of me looking at them "You have three Element Lizards?! Amazing how did you manage to find so many?!" They hide in my shirt again making the girl giggle, Nyx sat down at my side making the girl gasp and jump back. I patted her head as she leaned into me.

 "I have four. They were all given to me. This is Nyx, Denka, Lear, and Ash." Denka crawled out of my shirt to settle on my shoulder, his brothers following shortly after. Jasmin stepped forward and looked at them. "Who just gives you Elemental Lizards? They are incredibly rare, and hard to come by."

 I shrugged making Lear click in my ear and let out a tiny chortling laugh, I smiled briefly before answering my mates' mother.

 "Well Nyx came from the school, she's my partner but these three were given to me last night as eggs from a complete stranger. He vanished before I could do anything. Said I was the one he could trust with them." Jasmin looked at me, then at the brothers on my shoulders then at Nyx. She squinted "One for each element. He must have been looking for someone to give them to, to keep them safe and raise them."

 The girl with the colorful make-up stepped forward "Why Todd though?" Jasmin reached forward and tried to rub Ash's head, but he rolled onto his back and shoved her finger in his mouth. She smiled "He probably wanted to find someone who had experience with Element Lizards, preferably someone who owned one at the time."

 She paused and glanced at Nyx "The only problem with doing that is first finding someone who owns an Element Lizard, then looking for someone who has the right element to fit with what he had." I grunted at her confused, she looked at me and nodded to the three playing on my shoulders.

 "One has to be careful with Element Lizards, when you have more than one you have to make sure you don't have two (or more) of the same element. They are very hostile toward each other, this is the reason they are so rare." She smiled again and wiggled her finger making Ash let out a playful little growl.