The Change

I followed my mates into the forest quite a ways before they stopped and started stripping their clothes, the men behind me undressed as well.

 I felt eyes on me and turned to meet the curious gaze of Nicolas "How do you get around with wolves? Do they carry you? You're certainly small enough." I smiled a bit before sliding my jacket off, Nyx's body shimmered and her original dragon like form became visible as her wings extended along with mine.

 I shivered at the feeling of the chilly wind ruffling my feather, I wrapped the babies in my jacket carefully while David and Benson shifted into their black wolves. Johns laughed and shook his head as he looked at my wings before shifting into a very large dark grey wolf, a much smaller white wolf growled at me as he trotted by Nicolas shook his head "Do not mind Seth, he is a bitter wolf by nature."

 I nodded as he too shifted into a light reddish-brown wolf and took off after the group, I looked at Nyx before taking a deep breath and my feet left the ground.

 I smiled as wind rust past me, Nyx's clicking noises reached my ears over the sound of the wind, I easily caught up with the group of running wolves. Weaving around trees that shot by until I was next to the two black wolves I recognized as my mates.

 One of them turned his eyes on me and let out a low bark, I smiled and let out a loud whistle in response. For no real reason.

 I pulled up and rose above the thickening trees being unable to fly in between them any longer, in the gaps of the leaves I could see the ever shifting, sleek bodies of the wolves. Fur flashing in the late evening sun light. I looked up ahead and found a house in the distance, sitting in a large clearing in the middle of the trees. A long driveway connecting it to the main road, I noticed as we got closer the large group of people in the yard.

 David and Benson sped up, I shot out ahead of them and forced my wings to flap harder until my feet touched the ground at the edge of the clearing. The people I vaguely recognized from the party all turned to look at me.

 I handed Nyx my jacket with the babies in it, my wings pulsing with heat as I slowly walked forward, Benson and David walking up on either side of me panting heavily.

 Jasmine walked out to greet us as we got closer "David, Todd, Benson. He hasn't moved beyond the first stage. He is in a great deal of pain." Her worried eyes turned to me "Even though you are male and considered an Alpha you play the role of the Luna,  it is your duty to help with the first shift of any wolf in this pack. I will walk you through it, its simple."

 She grabbed my wrist and pulled me after her until we came upon a small boy shaking violently in the grass. His white blond hair was heavy with sweat and a total mess, he was curled into a ball, eyes squeezed shut tightly, small whimpers of pain escaped his lips every now and then. Jasmine made a noise "My poor baby, Todd you must be in contact with him at all times during the shift. The contact helps with the dizziness."

 I knelt down quickly and carefully pulled the 4 year old's body into my lap, his eyes opened a little and widened then narrowed, and widened again flickering between a soft brown color and the same stunning metal silver as David and Benson's eyes. It was like he couldn't focus on me.

 "Talk to him, tell him it'll be alright. The Luna is the only voice he will be able to hear until the change is over. Comfort him." I glanced at Jasmine before pushing my fingers through the boy's hair gently, he whimpered and his hands reached up shakily and gripped my shirt. His mouth opened and he started to cry.

 I felt my body relax completely and an overwhelming calm washed threw me, I pulled my glasses off and his eyes locked on mine. I smiled softly "Its alright, you'll be fine."