Alliances

David grumbled as I dried my body off, Benson rolled his eyes and gently nudged his brother "Relax Dave." David sighed in defeat, "Where did they go?"

 I glanced at him knowing he was referring to my ears and tail, Benson helped dry my wings "It seems they vanish when he calms down. Which means there is a fair chance that they'll show up again if he gets angry." I scrunched up my nose "That'll be a pain in the butt."

 Benson hummed at me and suddenly I was pressed into the counter, pinned there by his much larger body "I can be a pain in the butt too."

 I chuckled and ruffled my feathers, splattering him with water droplets "That's a good kind of pain in the butt. However we don't have time for this, we have to get to your house to help your little brother." David chuckled and pushed Benson off me walking out of the bathroom allowing Nyx to come trotting in with three smaller bodies hanging off her tail.

 I knelt down and patter her head before reaching down and picking up the three little ones, they cooed at me and chewed on my fingers with their tiny teeth. I smiled "You little pests, are you bugging Nyx?" She cooed at me and I quickly fed them before trotting into my own room to dress myself, as soon as I had my shirt on and were shifting to make my wings comfortable Benson walked in. He was wearing a fancy black suit and his hair was spiked back.

 I looked at him and he held out a large black coat, it looked expensive with white fur tripping the hood, sleeves, and bottom. I carefully took it from him and studied the soft cloth, "I'm sorry but you have to wear it."

 I frowned and looked at the back seeing no slots for my wings, I opened my mouth but he shifted and rubbed my cheek "You can't keep your wings under your tighter clothing, this is looser and less restricting. I think it'll help."

 I rose an eyebrow "Why do I need to wear is?" He chuckled "We are going out in public, humans aren't use to seeing a boy with multi-colored eyes and a giant pair of black and white wings." I felt the blood drain from my face, "We're going in p-public?" His face softened and he kissed my forehead "You'll be fine love, we have to meet with our allied packs to inform them the alpha bloodline is being extended with my little brother's change."

 He paused as David walked up and hugged me, dressed the same as his brother "We'll be meeting three other alphas at The Quay Restaurant."

 I gave them a look, "Isn't that a five star diner?" David nodded, "Come on, we must leave now." I grunted "What about Nyx and the babies?" Benson gripped my hand and pulled my after him, "Mrs. Roxe has taken care of that. She's very skilled with illusion spells."

 I went to ask him what he meant as we quickly walked down the stairs but I stopped short when I saw Mrs. Roxe mumbling ancient sounding words and Nyx's body shimmered and in stead of a Fire Lizard stood a large black and brown dog. My eyebrows went up at the sight of the Doberman, Mrs. Roxe turned to the little ones and murmured some more.

 Once again the air shimmered and in their places were three kittens, I squinted a bit "Kittens? That's a bit odd, I can understand the dog but people don't normally bring kittens out with them." She chuckled at me and pushed the fur balls into my arms "They are too small to be puppies, its either kittens or ferrets, and ferrets are ever more rare to see."

 I made a noise of agreement and was pulled out the door, Nyx trotted next to me, her head held high and he nub of a tail wagging happily. It was odd seeing a dog instead of the lizard I had gotten so use to.

 Before I knew it I was being helped into a limo and we were off, "The reservations have been made yes?" Benson's voice made me look up and realize there was another person in the seat across from mine. His short brown hair got slightly longer in the front and was spiked into a twist that leaned just a bit to the left. His ears were pierced, his eyes a shockingly bright yellow, standing out against his tan skin.