Three

Warning: A bit of pervyness in this chapter. :3

 direfaery I am dedicating this chapter to you because you were what gave me the idea. :)

(Todd)

 I sat there and slowly pushed another chip into my mouth as I stared at Nyx sitting in front of me, her tail slowly lifted and gripped a chip from my bowl. Her eyes squinted as she lifted the chip and it broke, she growled and tried to grab another chip with the same results.

 I slowly munched on my chip far too focused on watching her struggle with picking a chip up without breaking it. I licked my thumb and picked up and chip and held it out to her, she leaned forward and took to chip from my fingers and ate it. She paused and spit the crumbs out of her mouth dramatically.

 That is nasty! How does Papa eat this?!

 I snickered and popped another chip into my mouth, "These are corn chips, I find them very bland. I bet you would like Pringles. They taste better."

 She leaned away from me and snatched the paper bowl from my hands and jumped over the lunch table, I jumped up after her as she ran toward a trash can "Hey I was eating those! Nyx!" She clicked her tongue at me as she jumped and hovered over the trash can, I extended my wings and jumped after her.

 My chips landed in the trash can and I grabbed Nyx, I pulled her into a playful head lock. Her tail wrapped around my face effectively blinding me, I laughed and let her go as my wings shifted so I hovered.

 "Hey! Kid!" Nyx's tail left my face and I blinked and looked down for the source of the voice. A man in a black coat was staring up at me, I looked at Nyx then dropped down and landed on the ground a few feet in front of him. We were in the food hall but it was the middle of the night and very, very few people were here.

 I've come to terms with the daemon blood in me over the course of a few hours, but I couldn't sleep and decided to get a midnight snack with Nyx.

 The man was average height, black eyes, dark brown hair, and severally in need of a shave. His eyes flicked to Nyx as he walked forward and stopped directly in front of me. Nyx's tail wrapped around my leg as she sat next to me, my hand instinctively resting on her head.

 "I see you're Fire Lizard is very well taken care of." I tilted my head confused "Nyx? Of course she is, we're partners." She nuzzled my stomach making me chuckled, the man's face softened and he smiled sadly at me.

 "You are defiantly the one I can trust. I've gotten myself in a bind and can no longer care for these. I'll be leaving them with you, take good care of them." I watched baffled as be pulled a medium sized basket from inside his coat and handed it to me. I fumbled with the sudden, unexpectedly heavy basket. I looked at Nyx as she sniffed it and I reached in and lifted the blanket, three oval stones sat nestled in the blankets.

 One was dark blue and shimmered many different shades of blue with a pinch of pale green, the one in the middle was a lovely iridescent white and patches of grey, the last one was many shades of green and brown. Each pattern on each one was different.

 I stared at the stones and felt something inside of me click, the same feeling I got when I saw Nyx. I shook my head and looked up to ask the stranger what these were for but he was no where to be found. I looked at Nyx as she nudged the stones, I trudged over to a table and sat down before reaching into the basket and picking up the white and grey stone. It fit perfectly in my palm.

 I smiled when my hand felt warm, the stone was hard and perfectly smooth, but I felt a soft fluttering in my hand. Nyx leaned in and looked at me, her red eyes flashing their crimson red as she looked at the stone.