Hidden Blood

(Todd)

 Nyx walked along side me, almost glued to my leg as the main field came into view. I didn't pay much attention to the class and didn't know who the hell I was suppose to race but that didn't really matter to me. I was just stretching my wings and getting this over with, Benson and David said something about a ceremony for the pack.

 I still have yet to meet anyone but their parents, so I'm assuming this ceremony is a way for me to greet the pack as a whole. Though I still don't know my exact position in the pack, I did know that I was part of it.

 Papa, strangers watching.

I glanced down at Nyx as her small, child-like voice floated through my head. Looking forward I noticed what she was talking about, a very large crowed of people stood, slightly scattered, around the field. At one end was Coach Richard, with his arms crossed and looking bored.

 My eye twitched at the sight of him, I had an over whelming urge to rip the water from his body and burn his carcass. Thoughts of what he had done flashed through my mind, Nyx pressed closer and I turned and headed for the opposite side of the field.

 As I stepped on the grass people noticed me and one of the kids marched over looking confident and cocky.

 His hair was blond and curly, his eyes brown, and a large pair of black wings stretched out behind him. He stopped in front of me, I gently pet Nyx's head as he sneered at me. Funny how much he seems to hate me and I had no idea who he was, clearly someone from my class but still I didn't know him.

 His sneer fell when David and Benson walked up next to me, I glanced at David as he eyed the people on the field. Benson kissed my temple making me smile "Don't kill anyone if you can help it." I snickered and looked at him "I'll make no such promise." He puckered his lips and rose an eyebrow "You are a dangerous little devil, you know that?"

 My smile widened "I know it now." He chuckled along with his brother and dropped down to sit in the grass.

 I turned back to the blonde boy, he was watching David with a dreamy expression. My mouth turned into a frown, he bit his lip and waved at David, who simply nodded in return. The boy's face turned red and he smiled.

 My frown deepened and my irritation with him became very noticeable, I felt the girls gathering behind me "Todd?" I turned my head to the sound of Janet's voice but my glare was fixed on my blushing enemy. The heavy scent of danger reached my nose, that was Zetzu and my brother.

 I glanced back as they reached us Zetzu's body swaying in strong side to side motions, even though it was obvious he was moving very slow his face was relaxed and fixed with a gentle smile.

 I turned back to the kid who finally looked away from David, I pushed my wings out "Alright, tell me the stupid rules so we can leave." As soon as I said the words Coach Richard trotted up to us, I involuntarily stepped back and in front of Nyx blocking his view of her.

 He frowned at my actions and didn't moved forward, "Do to the fact you two are my strongest fliers the course will be mainly in the clouds." Lorance smirked at me, smiled at David, and turned around to stand at the place we were going to start. I let out a heavy breath Alexandria waved a hand in front of my face, cutting my glare off from Lorance.

 "You seem angry. Was it the way he was looking at David?" I tsked, and returned my glare to him "That obvious huh?" She gave me a half smile and nodded her head toward David before turning to him and pointing at me.

 "Go wish him luck! Come on!" Davis chuckled at her enthusiasm before he stood and trotted up to me as I got into my place next to Lorance.

 I stood up straighter as he opened his arms for me and pulled me into a hug, I hugged him back and he kissed my neck "You'll win for us yeah? Benson and I want to reward you in the best way possible, before the ceremony." I giggled as he leaned back to look at me, Benson leaned over David's shoulder and pecked my lip.