Vacation: Part Two

I sighed and felt an odd sense of deja vu as I watched my mates pacing back and forth in front of me, quietly growling to each other and arguing.

 I was sitting on the floor with my head propped on my hand, Vince was sitting next to me leaning back on his hands. Zetzu was settled in front of the front door next to Alexandria, Mitch was chasing my baby lizards around the large room. Fifi and Kneller were watching Mitch, and Crow was floating around the roof of the room dusting off the chandelier hanging over all our heads.

 The humans sat in he middle of the room, the two girls sitting on top of the boy while he stared at me and made kissing noises.

 We had tried to contact Mrs. Roxe when we found that none of us had any way to call her, and David and Benson couldn't mind-link with the pack. Said there was some kind of barrier blocking them, and they were now arguing over what to do with the humans.

 My eyes slid from my mates to the girls sitting on Caleb, they both had their arms crossed and it became clear they were sisters. Fraternal twins obviously since they didn't really look identical, the shorter one had longer, dark brown hair with brown-red eyes. The taller one had short, shoulder length, light brown hair with the same eyes. Their skin was a mocha color that suited them perfectly, and was a major contrast to Caleb's pale white skin.

 The taller girl noticed me staring and sent me a sneer "What are you looking bird-slut?" I blinked and chuckled at the name she called me. I ruffled my wings and wrinkled my nose "My name is Todd. Not bird-slut. I was looking at you and your sister."

 She blinked and her sneer fell, her sister looked at me curiously "How did you know we were sisters?"

 I smiled a bit at them "Its not hard to see. You look very much alike." My eyes flicked to David when he growled loudly at Benson before they went back to quietly arguing. I frowned and looked back at the girls, they were watching my mates with worried faces before turning back to me "Well, Todd. My name is Kathrine, and this is my sister Lilyan." The shorter one spoke pointing to herself then her sister.

 Caleb groaned loudly and he struggled under the two girls "Let me up! I have to at least try to make him like me!" He whined and I snorted and rolled my eyes.

 He looked at me as I stood up and pulled my shirt off, he smiled until I pointed to the two scars marking both my shoulders "See these?" He nodded at me "I know a cream that can help reduce those scars if you-" I cut him off with a hiss.

 Rolling my shoulders back I looked down at him "I'm bonded to those two. Werewolves mate for life, if I even thought about breaking the bond it would hurt all of us. If any of us tried to actually break the bond it would kill all of us." He flinched at my harsh words, I let my face soften and turned to look at the brothers "Besides. I love them."

 They stopped talking to each other and looked at me, I stared at them when my eye sight flashed to black for a moment. I blinked and frowned when I saw a faint shadow standing behind them, I squinted when the black figure's eyes snapped open. Its wide smile stretching over its face, my mouth opened and my eyes locked with its eyes. The dull grey color making my breath catch in my throat, its tongue slid from its mouth and it hissed lowly at me.

 The familiar taunting laugh filled my ears, I watched in horror as fire poured from it's mouth and water leaked from the roof. Unable to move I stood there, paralyzed and eyes locked on my shadowy daemon.

 He was out. He was right there, he could easily hurt everyone here. I could hear the laugh so easily, it didn't fade from my ears like it had before.

 My mouth went dry, I felt plants creeping up my legs, water freezing my skin, fire swirling around me getting closer with each second but my eyes remained locked on that sadistic grinning face. The smile stretching wider when the air in my lungs was sucked out, I wanted to scream. I wanted to yell at him to stop torturing me like this. Constantly showing up like this, paralyzing me and sucking the very life from me.