In the Open

As you all may have noticed, I now have an amazing cover to this story. We can all look to SeikaPhoenix's artistic skills for it. I thank you for the cover as I was having a hard time finding one I liked. So THANK YOU~ ^_^

*-*-*

The heavy thud of a metal door slamming shut woke me, groggily I lifted my head from the fold of my arms. The metal table I had been hunched over was freezing my skin, my hands were cuffed to the edge with chains. The chair I sat in, also metal, was bolted to the stone floor and my ankles were cuffed to the legs.

 I sniffed and reached up to rub my eyes trying to rid myself of the blur, the chains rattled and I pushed my arms forward as far as they could go. My shoulders and back popping pleasantly loosening the stiffness.

 I hadn't exactly been in the best position to fall asleep. Looking up I dropped my arms on the table and glanced the two men who had just walked into the room. A dull grey room with a large mirror on one wall, a camera sat on top of the mirror and the red light blinked on. Nyx sat curled around my legs on the floor lifting her head when I moved.

 Curiously I eyed the men I didn't recognize and they had no form of identification on them in view, leaning back in the chair I yawned again.

 How long had I been in this damn room already? I hadn't fought when they wanted to take me into custody, or when they took my friends into custody, I fought a little bit when they separated me from David and Benson. Then I was dropped in this room made of concrete and metal chained down and left here for hours. I didn't know when I had fallen asleep or how long I had been out, judging from the stiffness in my arms and neck I'd say a while.

 "Todd Ryder Kinten. We are going to ask you some questions now." I wrinkled my nose "About damn it. You guys took too long."

 They glanced at each other and the taller one with dirty blond hair and brown eyes cleared his throat, "Alright. Will you please specify what exactly you are?" Tugging at the cuffs on my wrists I tilted my head and looked at the men from an awkward angle trying to keep myself awake.

 "I'm lots of things. Mate of two lovely Alphas, hungry, very tired, sore, and these handcuffs are getting on my nerves." The short darker skinned man glared at me "That was not his question. Answer it correctly or there will be consequences."

 Rolling my eyes I stuck my tongue out at him and mocked him in a horrible imitations of his voice, "Answer it correctly or there will be nothing left of your pants if you talk to me like that again mister." The look of astonishment on his face pleased me, leaning forward to scratch my nose I turned back to the taller man, "My blood is mixed. If you want a full list of what I am go talk to Mrs. Roxe."

 He scribbled on a note pad he pulled out of his suit, I watched him sit down across from me and the short man lean on the table next to him. Both eyed me but the short man glared "Is that creature of your aggressive?"

 My eyes held his black ones steadily "Only if you're an ass to me, that would be your cue to stop talking now." My eyes turned back to the nicer man and I smiled as his partner turned red in the face with anger. Quite a feat considering his skin was on the darker side, the blond man stared right back at me.

 "Are you sexually active?" My eyebrows twitched and a smile tugged at my lips as my head shifted toward the door, I let my bond with my mates filter through my mind and sniffed slightly "Something like that.." I murmured softly.

 "Is your partner with that group of girls sitting in the other room?" My nose flared with my effort to hold in my laughter, "No." The blond man looked confused, "Then who is your partner?"