Hospital For The Magically Gifted

I jerked awake again and found myself in a white room, I had my arm and injured wing were pinned to my body with a very uncomfortable harness. I grunted and sat up tugging at the strap that ran across my chest. 

 I flinched as the annoyingly bright light was flipped on and a large man I didn't know walked up to my bed. He wore a black suit, with matching black sunglasses, a tribal tattoo marking his heavily muscled neck and ran up the side of his bald head. His nose was crooked and a frown looked permanently painted on his face. He would have looked intimidating if he didn't have a little girl clinging to his back.

 I tilted my head and stared at the pair, the man's head turned down to me and lowered his head slightly "Alpha Todd, my name is Jackal. The Reader Jesse Roxe has assigned me as your body guard." I opened my mouth and stared at the little girl, a huge smile pulling at her lips allowed me to see her fangs, her skin was pale but it was tanned pale if that makes any sense. Her eyes a translucent blue-grey. The frizzy mess of gold hair was matted and in very much need of a washing.

 I shook my head "Mrs. Roxe must be crazy if she thinks I need a body guard." I tugged at the straps again only to have Nyx's tail wrap around my wrist and pull my hand away.

 Papa leaves it alone.

I made a face at her "Its bothering me though." She cooed at me and crawled onto the bed allowing the little babies to spill into my lap. I smiled as they whined and wrapped around my good arm to gnaw on my fingers "My you've grown haven't you." They were larger than they were a few days ago, now larger than my fore arm, their tails long enough to wrap around my wrist multiple times.

 "DRAGONS!" I jumped, startled at the little girl's sudden yell, she appeared on my bad next to Nyx and wrapped her small arms around Nyx's head. Nyx made a noise of annoyance but let the little girl hug her.

 "Uh, who is this?" I turned my gaze up at the man named Jackal, his frown deepened "Who is who?"

 I squinted at him and briefly wondered if he was joking or not, I pointed to the little girl "Who is that little girl? You should know she was clinging to your back." He turned to look at Nyx then back at me, "Alpha are you alright? I was not informed of a head injury."

 My eye twitched in irritation "I'm not seeing things! She is sitting right there! Nyx is even playing with her." The man's eyes turned to my partner but it was as if... "You can't see her. Can you?"

 He turned back to me "Your pet? Of course I can see her." I groaned and dropped my head in my only free hand "Where are my mates?" Jackal's body straightened "They left to get food, they should be back any moment." I nodded and rolled my good shoulder releasing the stiff tension and slowly extending me good wing.

 It popped a few times and I noticed Jackal staring at it, I angled it toward him "You wanna touch huh?" His lips twitched and he reached up to pull his glasses off showing me very human eyes, "I am not informed of the world beyond werewolves, I am trained specially to guard Alphas and Lunas. Would it be a bother to ask what you are, exactly?"

 I smiled a bit as his fingers poked at my wing "I'm many different things, if you're referring to my wings then that is my Avery blood." He glanced at me, the look of fascination didn't match the stony structure of his face. The scar under his left eye wasn't helping with his scary demeanor.

 I absently pet Ash's head as he slowly dozed off in the palm of my hand, his body resting on my arm lazily.

 I looked around Jackal's large body when the door opened, he jerked away from petting my wing and stood straight up eyes glued to something on the opposite wall. I could see the nerves in his face tense up as Benson and David walked in each holding three large burritos.