*Chapter 12*

Calm down. I told my self as my smile slowly faded and I wiped the tears from my eyes. My heart was pounding as I slowly began to remember what happened.

Now just think. I clenched my eyes shut trying to remember.

~*~

I woke up after another nightmare and went to go find Brent. It was freezing in the room so I grabbed a blanket. And as I walked out of the room I realized that it was freezing because the door was hanging wide open.

"Brent?" I called looking around and realizing he was no where to be found. Taking a deep breath I decided to be adventurous and go outside. And being the idiot I was I didn't put shoes on. The damp dewy ground squished between my toes as I walked further and further into the woods.

"He's probably dead" the voice said.

"Shut up no he's not."

"You don't know that. Let's just say he accidentally wandered across...well let's say your house. And decided to be a little adventurous, and checks it out. You never know Sky." She chuckled.

"You don't know that..." I said a bit worried. Why was she just talking to me like we were friends? I shook it off as I continued walking gradually picking up my speed. What if she was right? What if Brent was in trouble? Considering he was really the only person I cared about I was worried for him. And I know how long I was in denial about liking him. But in my defense I didn't know how people interact with each other. And now I know that I love him. God I sound so elementary.

The wind howled hard against me reminding me what I still had a mission. I shook of my feelings of worry and replaced them with determanation. Just then I heard screams come from just a couple yards away from where I was. Knowing exactly who's screams they were I ran towards them tears building up in my eyes.

~*~

"No!" I screamed standing up. I looked down to see the body laying motionless. "No...no this is just a nightmare." I chuckled dropping the bloody knife. "Ya just another nightmare."

I took a step back examining the two bodies. One breathing but barely. The other one...dead...to my doing. I pinched myself in attempt to wake up.

"Please." I said falling to my knees. "Please!" I shouted shaking my head. There is no way this was actually happening to me. I laughed again not accepting what I had just done.

I had just killed my mother.

My long brown hair was splattered with her blood. I held her knife. I killed her with her knife! I looked over at Brent. He was alive. But probably not for long. I had to move but quickly. My stomach churned as I thought more and more about what it was I did. Walking over to Brent I pulled out his cell phone that he had in his jacket pocket and called the police.

As soon as the answered the phone I ran. I'm not as fast as my mom or dad so I knew that I had to get somewhere quick and hide. Trying to think as quick as I could I remembered that a couple blocks away was an empty house I could hide out in for a couple days.

I walked up the stairs and walked down the hallway to the last room. I pressed my self against a wall slowly sliding down it eventually burring my head in my knees letting the tears roll down my face. I looked at my bloody hands in horror.

What had I done?

____________________
Sorry for being gone so long. So I got ungrounded for like a week and I started to work on this but then got grounded again. Ya so I'm grounded...again.

But because I'm a rebel I stole my iPad back. I will hopefully will get it back by my birthday next week (October 23) so I can start writing for you guys again!

(I know depressing short chapter I'm trying to avoid what I just did though)

I would really appreciate it if you would VOTE & COMMENT

I luves my readers!!!

XOXO

~Hope