*Chapter 14*

"Sky...open the door." I heard Sarah yell from the other side of the locked door. I wiped the tears from under my eyes and unlocked the door. Sarah hugged me rubbing small comforting circles on my back. "Shh it's ok honey. I'm here" she whispered.

"I-I'm so sorry Sarah. I didn't mean to disturb you."

"Hey it's ok. That's what I'm here for."

"Thanks." I smiled pulling away from her hug.

"Come one." She smiled grabbing my hand and leading me down stairs.

"What time is it?" I yawned

"It's ten in the morning"

"So is Rhett gone already?"

"Ya he left an hour ago. But he knows your here." She half smiled. I smiled back and took a deep breath in attempts to change the subject.

"So uh...since I'm staying here and all, is there anything I can help you with?"

"Maybe this afternoon you could take Cami to the park so I could get some work done?"

"Ok that sounds good." I smiled walking upstairs and brushed my hair and leaving on the clothes that I fell asleep in considering that was the only thing that I had. I walked back downstairs to see Cami playing with some dolls. I sat down across from her and smiled. "Hey."

"Hi." She said not looking up from her toys.

"What are you playing?"

"Dolls."

"Can I play with you?" Her eyes lit up.

"YA! You can be this one." She handed me a scraggly looking doll with parts of her hair missing.

"Thanks." I chuckled moving the doll around the table just copying what she was doing. And even though I didn't understand what we were doing she seemed to be having fun. It made me smile to think about how happy she must be. To live a normal life with normal parents. Not having to worry about when you will die and who your next victim will be. It's the simple things that people forget about.

"Who are you?" Cami asked breaking my thoughts.

"What'd I you mean by that?"

"Where did you come from? Because you came out of no where and mommy really likes you. But I have never seen you before."

"I'm...Sky. I'm your cousin..."

"What's a cousin?"

"Oh how do I explain this...your dad is my," I paused choking on the word mom. "my moms brother."

"That makes sense I guess." She giggled looking back at her toys. I shook my head trying to get the vivid pictures of my moms murder out of my head, but they wouldn't go away. I clenched my teeth together tightly feeling warm tears. "Sky?" I felt warm hands grab mine as I turned to see Cami. "Are you ok?"

"Ya I'm fine. Thanks." I sniffled. She smiled and hugged me. Releasing what just happened I smiled back leaning into her hug. "Thank you." I said once again pulling away.

"When ever I'm sad I feel like I need a hug too." Wiping the few tears that were in my eyes I'm smiled standing up.

"So your mommy told me that you might want to go to the park?"

"Yes!!" She smiled jumping up and down.

"Ok let me tell your mom then we can go."

~*~

Cami and I walked to the park that was only a couple blocks away from the house, and I got to hear all about her school and her teachers and friends. To be honest it was interesting considering I had never been to school. And let me tell you that little girl has more personality then most adults do. She couldn't stop laughing and smiling.