*Chapter 22* -Final part 2

It felt like we had been running for hours. Due to the fact that Masky and I escaped through the window, I didn't have any shoes. So my feet were blistered, burning, and bleeding. But there is nothing either of us could do about that. Sally, Jack, Ben and Slendy were going to realize that I was gone. And soon. Not only were they on our tails, but Masky was convinced that Jeff was coming too. So we had no time. We needed to get somewhere safe.

"Wait where are we heading?" I panted looking up at Masky.

"We are going into town, there will be less of a chance of anyone finding us there."

"No," I pulled my hand out of his grasp, and stopped running, "won't that put innocent people in danger?"

"We don't have time to worry about other people. All we can do right now is figure out how we can hide you."

"Masky no. I can't put anyone else in danger. There has been enough blood spilled in my name already. No more."

"Sky I don't have time to argue with you. If you want to escape this is how."

"I can't! Don't you understand? I don't want anyone else getting hurt."

"No one is going to get hurt," he grabbed my hands.

"What about you? Aren't you disobeying Slendy? Aren't you going to be punished?"

"Don't worry about that," he wiped a single tear out of my eye.

"How can I not worry about that? You don't deserve to get killed because of my mistakes! If anyone should be killed it's me. This is my mess."

"Sky, look I know you are upset. But we need to get going. I don't want you to die. But that's what's going to happen if we don't start running again. So stop being so damn selfish and let me help you." He put his hands on my hips and pulled me into a tight hug. I clenched my eyes shut tight, stoping any tears from sneaking through.

"I'm sorry," I whispered.

"It's okay. You're going to be fine,"

"Thank you," I smiled pulling away of the hug.

"Don't mention it, but we really need to go now,"

"Okay."

~*~

Masky and I checked into a hotel room in the outskirts of town. We were on the top floor in a sweet. After Masky locked the door we both sighed, and collapsed on the beds.

"I think we should be safe in here."

"Yeah. This was smart," I smiled closing my eyes. It took us a long time walking around town to actually figure out where we were going. So that alone was stressful, but on top of it it felt like everyone was staring at us. Mostly due to Masky's mask. But he refused to take it off. So I just had to deal with the ignorance.

"The fake names were clever too. Ms. Smith," he chuckled

"Smith is a common last name," I giggled rolling over in my bed. As hard as I tried to brush it off, I was not okay. My stomach was twisting. I felt like I was going to be sick. The chances of me getting murdered today were high. But what makes it worse is that it is going to be at the hands of my own family. Because if it isn't Sally, Ben, Jack, or Slenderman, it is going to be my own father. I will never be able to tell him how sorry I am for killing mom. I will never be able to tell him I love him. I might as well die tonight. Because the test of my life I'm just going to be living in fear.

"Sky?" I didn't respond. I had nothing to say. "Sky, come on talk to me,"

"I'm sorry. I'm just tired," I heard him sigh followed by footsteps coming towards me. "What are you doing?" He sat next to me on the bed.