*Chapter 16*

"What were you doing just standing behind me?" I asked crossing my arms.

"Uh... Well I don't really have a good answer for that question." He chuckled nervously. I rolled my eyes.

"So who are you myway?"

"My names Masky"

"Masky?" I asked looking at his white mask.

"Don't ask." He sighed. I smiled slightly.

"Fair enough. So uh, why am I here?"

"Sorry Sky, but it's not my possession to tell you. I'm just here to protect you." I groaned angrily

"Will no one in this fucking place tell me why I'm here?"

"No one can tell you. You'll have to wait until our boss get here."

"Great, another big powerful being here to fuck me up." I said sitting up against the wall.

"Trust me he's not that bad" Masky replied leaning against the wall and sitting next to me.

"Sure you say that now"

"Please trust me."

"Why should I?"

"Because I've watched you since you were very young Sky."

"Dude that's creepy." I said scooting away from him.

"I'm just joking. I'm just a few years older then you. But my only point in life is to protect you." His voice quivered. I sat there feeling my heart sink as a small smile creep onto my lips. "Sorry...that was more then I should of said." He said quickly standing up and walking out the door.

I continued to sit in my spot against the wall. My heart was pounding. Something about Masky just messed with my emotions. I was pissed off that he just stormed out of the room. But the way he said that.

"My only point in life is to protect you" I said to myself. The way he said it sent shivers up my spine. He put so much emotion in his words. It sounded almost as if he was going to cry. But what does that mean?

I closed my eyes leaning my head against the cool wall behind me. Why can't people just say what they're thinking. Why do they have to be so complicated and dramatic.

"Sky..." I opened one eye to see that Masky was standing in the doorway.

"What do you want?"

"We're having a meeting."

"I'll be down in a second." I sighed standing up and closing the door as he walked away. I looked in the mirror to see dark circles beginning to form in my eyes. "Great."

~*~

I walked down the stairs seeing another dude sitting with Sam and Masky. They all turned to look at me as I walked into the room. I timidly took a seat next to Sam and across from Masky who was sitting next to the stranger.

"Soooo."

"So." Mast said after me.

"Oh Sky you don't know Hoodie yet." Sam said pointing at the guy wearing an orange-y colored hoodie. Hints the name. Due to the fact that his hood was up I couldn't see his face. Just two red eyes.

I waved at him awkwardly and he waved back.

"Ok so Sky," same said turning to look at me. "We are here to explain some things to you." Finally! I thought "so first off do you have any questions?"

"Ya! Who the hell are you people?" They all three took a deep breath and looked at me.

"We are proxies." Masky finally said.

"So that means..."

"Yes. Mr.Slenderman arranged for us to take you away." Hoodie said. Relief washed over me.

As the night went on they, as in mostly Sam, explained how they were going to do their best to "extract" the evil side of me. They also explained how my ultimate goal would be to kill my father, which I already knew, and that I have the potential to be the worlds best killer because of who my parents are. I finally had a grasp on what was going on.

I went up to my room feeling satisfied and collapsed onto my bed. There was a knock on the door. Of corse. With my luck the second I lay down someone comes to me door.

"Come in!"

"Hey Sky..." Masky said opening my door slightly.

"What?"

"I just wanted to apologize for storming out on you earlier."

"Ya what was up with that?" I asked sorting up to face him more straight on.

"It's just..."

"It's just what?"

"It's complicated okay."

"Fine whatever. Act like a gossipy middle school girl for all I care." I sighed rolling over to look away from him.

"I'm sorry. I just care about you okay?" I remained silent. "Ok. Fine. Goodnight." He said walking out shutting my door.

Why was I acting like this? I was being way dramatic and I hated it.

I rolled over in my bed shutting my eyes and falling into a deep sleep