♕ NINE

This chapter is unedited

hermione gif above (:

Im not sure how long we sat still under that tree unmoving and in silence. It had only felt like minutes but it was surely hours. Not a single one of us spoke. We let the finality of our breathes speak in words our mouths couldn't muster. At one point he had taken out his wand and drew exquisite patterns of neon magic in the hallow darkness trapping my eyes as I watched the lifelessness In his eyes slowly trickle away being replaced with calmness.

His passion for magic was an energy I thrived off of. He always had his wand out and naturally excelled at the wizard given trait, it made up a part of him and you could tell it brought him peace. His large hands effortlessly held the wand swirling colors for hours, the blue slowly misting into the purple before blending in with yellow at the touch. Each color morphing into one another just as fragile and beautiful as a flower.

The Owls had hushed by now making the night even more quiet. I was nervous to speak fearing that it would take away the tranquility like yanking a tablecloth from the bottom of a dish.

"Harry" I asked quietly, so quietly in fact that I thought he surely wouldn't be able to hear me. Though to my surprise he lowered his wand setting it on his stomach and turned his head.

"Averly" he responded with a hint of a smile.

He was stunning from this angle. The leaf that poked out from his hair, the dirt smeared on his uniform long sleeve, the way his glasses were slightly crooked and the beautiful features of his face highlighted by the glow of the moon. He looked so breathtaking and naturally elegant in the most purest way possible.

His eyes trapped my own seeming to search for something behind the hard wall of blue.

"Are you scared" I asked.

The smile slowly faded away and his face went back to point up towards the sky and away from me in a look of thought.

"Yes" he responded clearly.

I merrily nodded not taking my eyes off of him. The curiosity pushed harder at my throat as I let out a breathe calming the tension only I felt.

"Are you okay" I asked another question and his eyes returned to my own. The emerald orbs held a defeaning sparkle.

"I'm okay" he answered "in this moment I'm okay"

-

"merlins beard where have you been?!" as soon as we walked in the castles doors i was tackled by two red heads, for some reason i got the sudden urge to start sobbing, but of course as always i just hardened my face and buried my head in fred's chest "i'm okay, i was with Harry" i responded pulling away from them rubbing my arm.

"i-im sorry, i just needed to c-clear my head" he announced, only then did i notice that he hadn't stuttered all night.

with that being said we all continued our walk up to the Gryffindor dormitory. me and harry walked with a good 3 feet between us and i didn't dare peak at him. i didn't feel right with fred and george here, i was terrified that they now thought that i was a traitor. as soon as we got through the portrait i dashed for the stairs not waisting a second. i didn't want to have to deal with the awkwardness and it broke my heart thinking that i had lost their trust.