♕ TWENTY-ONE

TODAY IS JULY 31ST WHICH MEANS..HAPPY 36TH BIRTHDAY HARRY MY LOVE. In honor of this national holiday i stayed up till 2:30 in the morning to write this(: and also there is one more chapter in Book One and i will be posting Book Two soon, it is called 'revolution' so stay tuned!

This chapter is unedited.

Everything changed that year at Hogwarts.

Sitting in the back of the Great Hall clothed in a simple black dress, empty chairs on both sides of her and a swarm of foreign and familiar students before her; she realized just how much Cedric Diggory had touched peoples hearts. A kind Hufflepuff with the bravery of a Gryffindor,The determination of a Slytherin, and the old soul of a Ravenclaw. He was beautiful from the inside out. Flowers grew in the darkest parts of him.

On June 24, 1995 all of those flowers died.

His father wept, Cho Chang screamed for hours her glistening tears dripping down her elegant face, his Classmates gave minutes of silence, Dumstrang and Beaubaxton students alike gazed around the room noticing the faces they had grown to care for, seldom and no longer adorning face splitting smiles.

Everything had changed that year at Hogwarts.

Dumbledore sat in his great throne, a leader of the soldiers who weren't yet aware of the battle ahead. He spoke with passion, a heavy heart and an open soul.

"There is much that i would like to say to you all tonight." The great headmaster spoke. Harry Potter sat near the front, in a sea of red hair. Hermione Granger held one of his hands in hers, Hagrid sat next to her sending several sympathetic glances toward the scarred boy, Ron took his left side directly next to his brothers and family showing his support for his best friend in the best way he could.

Averly Malfoy was on the last bench closest to the doors. Her pale hands stiffly in her lap and her face staring ahead with utmost focus; focus to not let her mind wander, she had distracted herself by counting the stars in the Charmed ceiling. She sulked in her isolation, Voldemort lingered in the back of her eyes; taunting her. for she would see him again.

She feared that more than time, yet she stared ahead unwavering. The endless battle of being to emotional and too emotionless.

"but i must first acknowledge the loss of of a very fine person who should be sitting here" Dumbledore continued not noticing how harry had flinched in his seat. Dumbledore motioned towards the sea of yellow "enjoying the feast with us. i would like you all to stand and raise your wands to Cedric Diggory" and they did it; all of them. Benches scraped against the marble floor Wands occupied the air, echoing across the hall in in one loud, low rumbling voice

"Cedric Diggory"

"Cedric was a person who exemplified many of the qualities that distinguish the Hufflepuff house. good and a loyal friend, a hard worker, he valued fair play. his death has affected you all, whether you knew him well or not. i think that you have the right, therefor, to know how exactly it came about."

Averly's eyes fluttered shut, the snake-like-man creeping into her vision; mocking her. Harry held Hermione's hand just a bit tighter his light emerald eyes painted by the green curse that killed the Hufflepuff, the same one that killed his Mother and Father.