♕ SEVENTEEN

This chapter in unedited.

"Its unlike Hermione to not be here" Ron frowned flanking his bestfriend while they walked towards the black lake. Harry clenched his teeth looking around anxiously for the bushy haired girl. She wasn't at breakfast that morning and hadn't turned up all day.

Harry and Neville had come up with a plan for the tournament. A rare herb named Gillyweed. It made you grow gills and webbed toes and fingers.

It was a brilliant idea when Neville suggested it of course, but Harry just wanted Hermione to confirm. She was the brightest witch of their age after all.
But alas she hadn't turned up anywhere.

"Don't worry Harry, shes ought to be around here some where" Neville clapped Harry on the shoulder.

"PLACE YOUR BETS HERE" the twins shouted frolicking around with chests strapped to their fronts.

"Give me a moment" Ron excused himself going up to the tall red heads.

"Hello brother! Placing a bet on Harry are you?" They chorused

"The green chips mean your betting them too lose" Fred stated pointing to the green markers

"And the red means your betting on them to win" George continued his long freckled finger pointing to the most unused stack of chips.

"And what's the yellow?" Ron frowned looking at the stack of yellow chips.

"That brother is you betting on them to get injured, it's a popular one, now what will it be" they said in unison.

Ron shook his head "actually looking for Hermione, have you seen her?"

They shared a look "don't think so, we haven't been paying much attention though" George shrugged

Ron sighed shooting a backwards look to Harry "alright thanks"

"Can you tell Averly though that she's not getting her share since she bailed out on us" Fred said absentmindedly asking some third years to place bets.

"I would, but she's not over there with us"

The twins furrowed their eyebrows "she isn't?"

"Nope"

"Have you seen her at all today?" Fred frowned

"Not a clue, been a wee bit distracted"

"Well I guess the both of them are missing then" Lee walked up biting his lip carrying his own chest full of galleons, sickles, and knuts.

___________

When Averly was 6 years old she remembers her father taking her to the Ministry of Magic one day.

She sat on his hip,his hands holding her upright gently as her small curious self launched at everything. she was so genuinely interested in the world. Her small pale hands lurched to touch everything she could, she wanted to understand it all.

A pudgy man walked by them, he carried a daily prophet and and a golden ball. It whizzed around his head with metal like wings.