♕ EIGHTEEN

This chapter is unedited

Sweat drenched his skin and blankets tangled his limbs as his heart was tormented by the vicious nightmare. sweet Lily Potter being murdered in front of her son, her voice as sweet as honey turning into an ear shattering scream. the green light colliding with her chest wiping out the babies vision. the green masking him from the horrendous sight of his mother lying on the ground with life slipping from her eyes. a tale of a mother and father reuniting above the childs head far away amongst the stars lighting the way for the rest of his days.

Harry Potter awoke with a gasp. a blur of red lurked above him and a rough hand on his shoulder

"harry mate, are you alright?"

it was then that he felt the searing pain in his forehead from the scar, his shaking hand reached for his glasses watching as the blur of red morphed into Ronald Weasley.

"is your scar hurting?" his best friend questioned sitting on the edge of his bed in worry. harry pushed himself into a sitting position wiping his forehead with the back of his hand

"i'm alright, i'm sure its nothing"

ron looked at him with a look full of exasperation. "if you truly believe that then you don't mind me telling hermione do you?"

harry's tired traumatized eyes widened to the size of suns hopping out of bed "don't you dare, she will act like the sky is falling down" he grumbled unlatching his trunk.

"perhaps it is, Harry. i just worry about you mate. between this tournament and your scar-"

"im fine" harry snapped suddenly agitated. he slipped his white button up and black trousers on. Ron sighed angrily grabbing his wand

"ill meet you in the common room" he muttered shutting the empty dormitory door behind him. Harry shrugged his gryffindor cloak on before collapsing on his bed, his hand flying to the lightening shaped scar. it screamed at him, the pain burning him to the bone.

he sat there for a moment his arm covering his eyes procrastinating the inevitable potions and Divination lesson. his disheveled hair more messy from the tossing and turning of the night. Harry grabbed his golden snitch and tossed it up in the air letting it fly around his head before snatching it in his fist. he did this multiple times to distract himself from the images of his mother being murdered right in front of him.

Averly Malfoy walked through the empty halls with Hermione Granger. her eyes distant like her head was up in the clouds. she could feel the turning of the universe, she could see buildings tumbling to the ground in a blaze of fire, she could see the shadows of the dead running around her, she saw the unlived futures of the kids who didn't make it past 17, she was witnessing war. her hands gripped her bag that continuously hit her sides as she walked quicker than the bushy haired girl panting to keep up with her.

"averly, for the love of merlin can you hault it" hermione snapped gripping the girls sleeves.

like a cannonball dropping she was suddenly brought back to earth, the blood curdling screams and cries of the wounded being replaced by chatter of gossip and laughs of 2nd years all around her.

"sorry" she muttered rubbing her arm. the brunette stared at he friend in worry

"is everything alright?" her lips were in a frown her chocolate eyes glistening in genuine concern.