♕ THIRTEEN

This chapter is unedited

gif of the twins above, my babies (:

History of magic, the most dreaded class of the week for students all around the world. The professor who taught this lesson was dead awful. get it? cause he is a ghost? well any who, the classroom reeked of moldy books, sounded of snores and this monotone voice that never seemed alive. i'm just on fire with these puns today. by the second hour of this lesson even Hermione was leaning on Harrys shoulder half asleep.

i sat in the back with Lee since thankfully it was with the 5th year gryffindor, a last minute adjustment they made. lee's head rested on the table, his arms covering his face letting out loud snores that erupted the classroom every now and again. my fist dug into my cheek using it for support, my eyes fluttered open and then shut, i had no energy for this class. some kids grew restless fidgeting in their seats while others took this time to do procrastinated homework for another class, or if you're like lavender Brown, pass love notes to any boy who spares you a glance.

Harry was also in this lesson, he sat with hermione like i previously stated, they were on the other side of the classroom, Ron however sat three seats vertical to me. The large domed shaped class had drapes covering the windows sulking the room in dim despair , moving portraits of the giant wars decorated the stone walls, the construction of the ministry, portraits of each of the Hogwarts house founders, and my personal favorite a small picture in the background of Binns, pre-death of course. he seemed so lively.

oh Averly you are a riot!

glancing towards Hermione's side of the classroom i noticed a pair of green eyes already looking at me. i spun around so fast that my elbow hit the corner of my desk "Ow shit" i yelped interrupting Binns. every head that wasn't dozed off in a dream looked at me stiffing laughter or looking unamused. "Malfoy, i would appreciate if you wouldn't distract my class from this rather interesting lesson" his voice drawled out

oh the irony

eventually, after another 40 minutes of a lecture about some goblin who killed another goblin to basically show he was the shit, the bell chimed ringing in freedom.

lazily i tossed my stuff in my bag yawning "get up Lee, lesson is over" his head slowly lifted up, dreads a mess and eyes red from fatigue. in slow motion our feet shuffled to the upstairs empty ballroom in which Mcgongall told all Gryffindor's years 3-7 to meet via owl. lets just say some were more excited than others. We met up with Fred and george and demanded they give us piggy back rides. i clung to george sleepily, his thumbs tracing circles into my knee lulling me into a deeper state of sleep. lee was on fred's back who nearly collapsed under his weight. you see the twins, as well as Ron were lanky, they had muscle but were tall and goofy. Lee was shorter, well built due to his excessive working out, he once told me "the only way you know you have worked out hard enough is when you cant see straight" i responded in telling him that he was fucking crazy.

The headmistress had us split onto two sides of the room, girls on one side and boys on the other. Hermione was sitting with the Patil sisters, Ginny with some girl that adorned a bright blue pixie haircut, which left me by my self. i took a seat a couple of rows to the right of them. the twins kept making funny faces at me while i attempted to control my giggles watching their eyes go cross eyed and their mouths contort in ways i didn't know where humanly possible

"silence silence!" the woman in long robes shouted shrilly enveloping the stone walls in a blanket of silence.

"this year Hogwarts will be throwing a dance on christmas eve night, exactly three weeks from now in celebration of the tri wizard tournament!"