♕ FOURTEEN

This chapter is unedited

gif of averly's dress for the Yule Ball (:

       when i was in my third year Remus Lupin was our defense against the dark arts teacher. One particular day we were having a lesson with Bogarts, the surprise was that we had to face one. once threshed upon ron it turned into a spider, and when it laid eyes on harry's raven hair it miraculously turned into a dementor. eventually i went up, nobody paid attention, Harry had just went and nobody could get over the fact that it didn't shift into lord Voldemort.

When a boggart stands in front of you this sort of grey fog fills your head, its searching for your worst fear. eventually it took shape into my father. some shared looks of pity, others stayed silent in wonder. it was a no brainer then what my fear was, but now not so much.

one thought and one thought only consumed me. Time.

It was the one thing that everyone feared, the best of us and the worst. It had driven Tom Riddle mad with insanity, the slow tik tocking mocking him that soon he would die, in the end thats what destroyed him.

isn't it funny? the things we do to keep ourselves alive are the very things that kill us.

Others pleaded for it too run out such as Dumbledore. Some wished to feel the sweet lips of death drain all sorrow and envelope them in a peaceful oblivion granting them with a sort of safe haven from all they have done and all they have seen.

It was also unstable, you couldn't see time and you couldn't control it, i hated not having control of every aspect of my life, obsession drowned my common sense trying to thwart the laws of time, to understand it. Thats the peculiar thing isn't it? it wasn't there but you could feel it all too deeply. Time could either fly by, so fast that you get whiplash, so fast that while you were alive, you forgot to live. On the other side it could go by treacherously slow. The ticking driving you mad,serving  as a reminder of how much longer you are stuck here, begging and dreaming of the day that never ending torture  finally drains out. i've felt both.

Sitting here with Hermione, her waving my hair twisting the sides back gracefully into a collected bun time seemed to never slow down. It felt as if i had just met them, like we were only at The Quidditch world cup yesterday. I was grateful for such company, they took me under their wing so easily, so quickly with out a hesitation.

some might have called them crazy, i would have to agree with them.

Hermione wore a dark cobalt blue dress, it was floor length and drifted neatly off the sides of her shoulder with just a bit of ruffles for some extra pazaz.

I wore a long floor length dress as well, it had diamonds encrusted along the whole exterior of it it snugged my pale arms in a full sleeve, and had some parts that appeared to be see through barely noticeable and had light blue undertones.

i wasn't one for dances, therefore i wasn't one for shopping. Mother had sent me the first letter since the school year started with a box that contained this dress and a note that said

unfortunately the only way to love some is from a distance

-mother

i never did respond too her, i wanted too. i wanted to scream, i wanted to yell and i wanted disappear, but as i typically do, i refrained in silence. The more i saw Draco around the school the more it dawned on me that soon i was going to be alone. Some would call my certainty that The dark lord is rising again an unnecessary burden. i don't blame them of course, peaceful ignorance and sanity coordinate together, they blend beautifully allowing you to bathe in a temporary serenity. It just wasn't the truth.