Chapter 4.

Amaris.

It was only 9:00pm when I entered the front door to the house just to come face to face with my mom and dad on the couch going over some things.

"Hi" I said dryly walking inside of the room going straight to the sheets.

"Amaris you think I'm about to let what you said on the phone slide by ?"

I ignored her. She already got me mad yesterday for telling me that she was divorcing my pops and now she wanted to bring up what I said on the phone a day ago.

"You think your so damn grown. Your acting selfish Amaris. Why can't you just see that this divorce is the best thing for this family right now"

"I don't want to talk about it. Can you leave me alone ? Shut the door and get out or something your really starting to irritate me"

"I'm still your mom and I won't allow you to speak to me any type of way"

"Okay do what you have to do. My feelings don't matter right ? So why you keep bugging me about it"

"Your feelings do matter Amaris. Just try to see things on my perspective then maybe you'll understand better"

I rolled my eyes lifting myself up from the bed.

"Oh I understand. I understand very well"

"good because my lawyer is coming over Tommorow "

I felt my blood boiling to the point where I couldn't be in the same room with my mom. She was speaking of this divorce like it wasn't nothing, like she had better things in mind right after she was a free woman.

"why ?"

"Why what "

"Why do you want to divorce pops so bad ? You guys talked it out yesterday right. "

"Yes but that doesn't mean I can't divorce him. It came down to a point where I was scared of your dad in this relationship, he wasn't doing his job as a man"

"Just like you weren't doing your job as his wife right ? Oh now I get it."

"I've done everything possible in this marriage for you and your so called dad So dont even take it there Amaris."

"No you don't take it there. I said I didn't want to talk about it but you keep throwing this divorce in my face like your proud."

"I shouldn't even have to explain things to you Amaris. Your grown enough to know that this relationship between me and your dad wasn't working. what did you think it was going to lead to? You keep avoiding the subject like its going to dissapear. Sorry to tell you this honey but it's not going to disappear at all.

Feeling like I had enough of a lecture I walked out the room with my blanket in my right hand and my pillow in my left . I layed it on the floor next to the couch my pops was on and wrapped myself.

"childish Amaris all you ever do is act like your 7 so that's how I'm going to treat you"

The fact that she was still talking made it harder for me to sleep. She was going to talk all night and I knew I wasn't going to get any sleep in before morning came.

"You can ignore me all you want Amaris but im still going to talk because I don't even know what's gotten Into you"

"I need a night job" I mumbled

"Maybe you do. It can help us out in the future "

"Who's us ? There is never going to be a future with me and you in it. I can't even believe I thought there was going to be. If anything I'm not going anywhere with you. I'm staying here with pops because I don't just abandon the people I truly care for and love !" I yelled unable to control myself anymore.