Chapter 5.

Amaris.

Tuesday.

Honestly I wasn't ready to sit in front of a judge and wait for him or her to tell me who was going to have full custody on me. I was scared enough that my mom would win the case and I would have to leave pops like she was doing.

We were still waiting on my pops lawyer outside of the courthouse. He was running late due to the traffic on the highway.

"hopefully your lawyer gets here pops. Or else they'll reschedule the case" I said sitting down on one of the benches.

"He will be here Amaris. I told your ass twice that he running late"

"She was just telling you. Calm your hyper ass down" Aunt Pam said taking a seat right next to me "it's your lawyer you should be cursing out. What kinda lawyer not gone be here on time and he getting paid by the hour "

He mumbled something inaudible and went back inside probably going to use the bathroom or something.

"You sure you doing the right thing here Amaris." Aunt pam asked

"What do you mean ? I don't have any say in who I get to stay with"

"But if you did I know you would pick my brother and what I'm trying to ask you is are you sure you want to be staying with him ?"

"I love pops aunt Pam and I can't abandon him knowing that he needs help. He wants to get it I could see it In him and I could help"

"that doesn't mean you have to argue with your mama about it. She's only trying to help you understand what's best for you at the moment and honestly I'm with her on this one."

"she's being selfish that's what she's doing"

"No your seeing it in a different way. She is not being selfish she's just being a mom and basically that's what moms do. She wants the best for you and staying with your pops ain't really a good option. I understand why she's reacting towards the situation this way because I would to. I wouldn't want my daughter living with someone who not only has problems mentally but used to beat on me and still has effects on doing so. Your not looking at your moms view on this and your also not looking at yours"

I sunk in everything she said and just nodded my head not really understanding a word that came out from her mouth. It's not like I was unfocused or wasn't paying attention at the moment it was just that I didn't want to understand where she was coming from.

"There goes that late ass lawyer" she said standing up as he reached for hand to shake.

"I apologize for my lateness. It was really bad traffic out there"

She said nothing in response so I decided not to either. When we got in the court room is was only my mom her lawyer And one security guard standing by the double doors.

"nice to meet you Mr.Keller" my mom said shaking my pops lawyer hand. "This is Chris" she pointed over to her lawyer who was obviously not paying attention.

they soon shook hands and we remained seated until the judge came out walking to her stand taking a seat as well.

"Goodmorning." She paused "should we begin ?"

.......

"Your honor I would like to start off by first thanking everyone for making it today and taking the time out to be here." My mom lawyer said standing up "Now this case will be examined as a very simple one. Should Mrs.Johnson have full custody of Amaris or should Mr.Johnson have full custody and that all goes down to why Mr.Johnson shouldn't."