Chapter 42.

Amaris.

"Good morning Amaris how are you doing today?"

"I'm good and you?"

"Great actually." He smiled putting his pen on top of his desk. "So my nurse tells me that you think your pregnant"

"Yeah the signs are there. I throw up a lot and I'm having these weird ass cravings"

"Did you take a pregnancy test?"

"Yes I did but it said negative so I decided to come and check here"

"Pregnancy test aren't always reliable but it's a good thing you came here. I'm going to need you to take another one of those pregnancy test but I'm going to give it to you okay?" He chuckled " the ones we have here seem to work more then the ones you lady's buy in store"

"Alright" I nodded.

"Okay I'll be back" he said then began to walk out of the door.

"That nigga weird as hell" Aaliyah laughed shaking her head.

"He just a doctor doing his job"

"Yeah whatever. Did you get a call back from Nolan though?"

"I'm not really worried about him right now. We haven't talked for at least five weeks straight it's about to be two months"

"I truly don't understand y'all problem. I mean y'all say the love is there but y'all don't act like it is"

"Maybe it was never there" I shrugged my shoulders "maybe I was just feeling that way because he was my best friend at some point"

"Maybe" she nodded " so if it turns out your pregnant then what?"

"I'll call him and tell him the great news. He want a child and if I'm pregnant he will gladly get one"

"Well damn okay" she said as the doctor came back into the room.

"Okay take this and wait Five minutes then tell me your results" he handed me the pregnancy test.

"What if it still say negative?" Aaliyah asked.

"Then I'll run some blood test to see if I can find anything irregular and I'll take it from there"

I walked into the bathroom shortly locking it after. I was silently praying to god that I wasn't pregnant because nothing seemed right anymore. Nolan was probably fucking some other hoe but he wasn't the only one to blame.

I flushed the toilet putting the stick to the left of the sink. I washed my hands before drying it and let out a deep sigh of frustration.

"Anything yet short short?" Aaliyah knocked on the door.

"Two more minutes" I called out picking up the pregnancy test.

My phone vibrated in the back of my pocket and I slowly grabbed it out sliding my fingers slowly to answer.

"Wassup"

"Hey" I answered back.

"You doing anything important later?"

"I don't know yet why?"

"Remember my homebody Lawrence?"

"Yeah the one from the cookout, what about him"

"He's throwing this party at his house and told me to invite you"

"I'll see I'm not sure"

"You okay? You sound a little stressed"

"I'm fine" I looked down at the stick before putting it down.