Chapter 19.

Amaris.

Walking into Jermaine's office I became slightly annoyed at how he always wanted to talk to me.

"Yes Jermaine" I said sitting down on one of his chairs.

"we aren't cool anymore ?" He chuckled as I stared at him blankly. "well there have been some complaints about you for some reason"

"Complaints ?" I stood up "by who ? I work my ass off when I come in"

"That there is another policy by my dad. We can't give you the name of the person who complained about you"

"that's really stupid because honestly what have I done to get complained about ?"

"Well here it say" he scanned over the piece of paper that lay in front of him "Amaris is never at work, she purposely bumps into me and calls me names, and she is having sex with one of the Co-workers"

Slightly jumping over the desk to see the paper , Jermaine folded it up putting it in his drawer.

"Having sex with who ?, I'm a virgin! " I slightly yelled " and I'm currently in a relationship with someone. Who am I to have sex with another man ?"

"You have a boyfriend ?" He raised his eyebrows. Not knowing where me and Nolan stood I still claimed him.

"Yeah, I do. but none of that is important." I rolled my eyes "obviously this person is lien. I'm assuming Brianna

"why Brianna"

"I had bumped into her the other day walking out of your office. I didn't see her so I'm assuming she didn't like that. She's constantly always on my back because she doesn't like me and honestly I have no reason why"

"Well here's another thing about my dad policy." He sighed "if you get an complaint you get suspended from work."

"What's !" I yelled "I applied for this job because I really need it. Just today I printed out an application to one of the colleges I want to go to and now I'm suspended. I just got started with this job. Ask anybody here , Brianna is a fucking Lier"

"I'm sorry Amaris it ain't my library and it ain't my policy"

"it's whatever" I said before leaving his office.

......

I set my bags of clothes on the kitchen counter as Nolan stared at me. Looking at him weirdly I went in the fridge and grabbed a water bottle.

"Who clothes" he asked untieng them.

"Mines, after work I went over to my pops house to go get them"

"yeah about work my bad I overslept and I couldn't come get you"

"It's fine. I left work early anyways because I got suspended"

"For what you just started the job ?" He chuckled

"some girl at work doesn't like me so she filed a complaint about me bumping into her on purpose and calling her names"

"Sounds like a childish hoe" he laughed.

"I just printed out applications to this college I was looking at and I'm trying to get this money to get into this college so this suspension ain't really going to work out"

"Why you get suspended just for a complaint though?"

"It's Jermaine's dad policy, just a bunch of stupid shit " I shrugged.

"Jermaine ?" Nolan looked at me as I threw my now empty water bottle away.

"Yeah my boss" I sad while taking my bags off the counter "and while I was at my pops house I found out what hospital Linda was in"