Chapter 16.

Amaris.

Looking around at the building that stood before us I quickly removed my seatbelt and got out the car.

"You sure this 445 northwest street?" I asked Nolan for the second time.

"Yeah, but ain't you like a day late ? Even I wouldn't have let your ass in"

"you could wait in the car" I rolled my eyes walking towards the building.

Pushing the door open an all Brown wooden staircase surrounded inside. Taking a deep breath I looked around before walking on it.

"White people walk up the stairs. " Nolan mumbled

Stopping in front of a man that stood in front of a door I stepped back looking in between him and Nolan.

"Robert ?" I asked as he shook his head.

"you were supposed to meet me here yesterday. But since your here today I'm going to need that key you have"

handing him the key he pushed open the door and closed it right behind him.

"I bet this nigga gon' come out with a box with pictures like they be doing in the movies" Nolan bluntly said

"you talk to much" I eyed him as Robert came from out the room with an envelope in his hand.

"Follow me" Robert instructed as Nolan shook his head.

We stopped at a near by elevator and got inside. Robert pressed one of the buttons sending us on our way up the building.

"Second room to your left" he said after we got out.

"You not coming ?" I eyed him.

"This is where I stop" he replied as I nodded my head watching the elevator doors slide close.

Making a left I spotted the the second room instantly and sped up my pase. Opening the door a man sat down at a table with a bunch of papers surrounding him.

"Ah Amaris" he mumbled looking up " your a day late"

"I had stuff to do"

"Yes I know. Working at the library is always so much busy work"

Stopping in my tracks I decided not to continue walking up to this man. How did he know I worked at the library ?

"Take a seat" he motioned to the chair in front of him.

"We rather stand" Nolan said.

"Soot yourselfs then" he nodded.

Looking over the papers he pulled one out and reached out to give it to me. Walking slowly to the table I grabbed it taking three steps back.

"What's this ?" I asked.

"That's Leroy Mc.call" he stated.

Looking down at the picture I showed it to Nolan as he shrugged his shoulders causing me to roll my eyes.

"that's Chris" I mumbled as he shaped his mouth in a o form.

"Indeed that is Chris. He changed his name after his wife sharen died. Assumingly he only married her to take all her money her husband left her."

"What ?" I asked confused.

"Getting straight to the point, Chris handled sharens divorce. Weeks later him and sharen got engaged. Months after that he killed her took her money got sent to jail and escaped"

"what the hell" I yelled

"Chris worked for your dad when he was seventeen. Obviously your dad doesn't remember him due to how long ago that was. "