Chapter 31// part 2

Derek.

"One medium cup of coffee, you know what I like in it" I said to Brenda as she smiled and I smirked.

My phone ringed and I seen my nigga Nolan name slide across my screen and put it up to My ear.

"Brenda bring it to my table I gotta take this"

"Okay Derek" she smiled

"Nigga you finally calling me first, this shit got to be important. I mean like you never call me first. It's a d-"

"Derek I told Amaris about the Chris situation"

"Holy cow" I laughed sitting down at my usual table.

"Yea and I thought she was going to take the shit well but she ain't."

"What you mean she ain't ?"

"We ain't on speaking terms right now. She locked herself in my damn bathroom and the water been running for hours"

"Nigga that's your water bill that's going to be high as fuck" I looked up at Brenda who sat my coffee down and I mouthed her a thank you.

"She told me she wasn't mad because she ain't even care about Chris. She just scared that my ass going to end up jail"

"That mean she hurting. Maybe you should hang up the phone and go talk to your girl"

"Bust in the bathroom ?"

"If it mean getting to her yeah. But ima be over there in a couple of hours."

"No nigga why."

"I'm about to go to my mom house so I said ima be there in a couple of hours nigga" I hung up.

I picked up my cup and slid my phone in my back pocket. Brenda looked at me from the corner of her eye and I walked over to her shaking my head.

"Why your ass can't just say you wanna get with a nigga like me" I stated taking a sip of my coffee.

"Because I don't" she mumbled causing me to chuckle.

"Okay then Brenda" I licked my lips "could have took you out tonight, got to know you a little better"

"Derek please, I don't want you. If you haven't noticed I'm getting engaged" she held her finger up.

"Where's the ring ?"

"I-It's n-"

"I'll pick you up at 9:30 then" I smiled before walking away and throwing my cup in the garbage.

-
"Mama Derek is here !" I heard Cristina yell out.

"Why you always got to run yo mouth ? the shit was supposed to be a surprise" I snapped closing the door.

"Why you always got to act like a Bitch ? Go suck on a dick and die"

"I know both of y'all assess better talk like y'all got some damn sense" my mom said smiling while she hugged me.

"Why you calling my mom mama anyways? don't nobody want to claim you" I said as she scoffed standing up.

"this is my mama" she shouted.

"No, your mom is somewhere in Jamaica with her husband. I ain't sharing mines"

"Cut that shit out. there's some food on the table both of y'all go eat"

I rubbed my fingers together and walked to the kitchen taking a seat next to the chicken as Cristina did to same.

"Uh Uh Bitch I know you better move" I looked at her trying to push her off the chair.