Chapter 25.

Amaris.

I walked inside T-Mobile with Aaliyah and looked over the numerous phones that stood in front of me.

"So you know what type of phone you want or you don't know yet ?"

"It's why I brought you here Aaliyah" I mumbled as she nodded her head.

"How much money you got" she asked pulling me over to a bunch of other phones.

"I only have 800$ but I'm getting payed next week"

"You want to finance a phone ?"

"No I just want to buy one and pay it every month. It's easier"

"Okay how about that" she pointed to a phone and I shrugged my shoulders.

as much as I wanted Nolan out of my mind he kept popping up and it distracted me from most things.

"Amaris honey are you listening" Aaliyah snapped her fingers in my face as I nodded.

"Maybe I'll come back and buy one because I'm not really feeling it today" I mumbled as she nodded understandingly.

"You need a ride home ?"

"No I'm going to see my pops and he's right down the street I'll walk" I said before turning on my heel to leave.

I crossed the street as some car honked me causing me to stick my middle finger and keep it moving.

"Amaris" someone yelled and I looked back to see Jermaine pulling his car beside me.

"Hi Jermaine" I said dryly blocking my face from the sun.

"You need a ride ?"

"No I'm just gone down the street."

"well it's On my way so what's the point of walking ?" He asked as I shrugged My shoulders. "You okay?"

"I'm fine." I nodded  "thanks for the ride but no thanks"

"aight well I'm headed down to the rehab facility for my aunt. I'll see you Tommorow at work then ?"

"yeah okay" I slightly nodded and began to walk.

-

When I walked in the building I seen Jermaine talking to me.Kesley. I went over to the desk and searched for the clipboard as he stared at me.

"Hey sweety" Ms.Kesley smiled.

"Hi Ms.Kesley" I smiled back as I signed the clipboard handing it back to her.

"So I could've dropped you here Huh" Jermaine said walking behind me.

"Why are you constantly trying to talk to me ? " I snapped turning my head back. I was honestly getting annoyed.

"My bad." He stepped back "I mean I thought we was cool and then next thing you know we ain't"

"I'm not thinking straight I'm sorry" I mumbled trying to figure out what was wrong with me.

"It's fine I'll leave you alone from now on though. I ain't mean to bother you"

"no it's cool Jermaine. I'm just not feeling good"

"How about I'll take you to get something to eat after your done with your visit"

"yeah okay" I hesitantly said before turning around and walking down the hall.

I entered my pops room as he layed on the bed and rolled his eyes once I walked in.

"Hey pops how you doing ?"