Chapter 30// part 1.

Amaris.

"Oh my god" I mumbled as my phone ringed nonstop.

I took Nolan hands off me and got out the bed. Once I found my phone I looked at the unknown number and picked it up putting it up to my ear.

"It's 9:00 in the fucking morning, who the hell is this ?"

"Is this Amaris ? It's officer George down at the police station"

"Oh my god, I'm sorry" I quickly mumbled.

"That's okay Amaris, I called because we may have found our lead suspect for the murder of Chris"

"With all due respect why'd you call me ? I could care less who killed him."

"we called you because you are the lead suspect. We are going to need you to come down to the police station to question you"

"Me ?" I slightly yelled. "I did not murder no Chris or whatever his name is. What the hell"

"I'm just following procedures, if you don't come we will have to find you"

"Fuck your procedures. I don't have the guts to kill somebody"

"Well you do dislike the man. He was engaged to your mom so that gives us numerous reasons to question you"

"the only person you about to be questioning is an empty chair with nobody in it. Don't call my phone again" I hung up shaking my head.

"what happened baby" Nolan said in his deep raspy voice.

"Officer George. He had told me Chris was dead and that their opening a case. Now he calling me telling me I'm the lead suspect"

Nolan said nothing as I stared him down. I sighed to my self before going into the bathroom and slamming it shut.

Once I got done showering I went to the guest room and found something to wear. I went downstairs and seen Derek sleeping on the couch with his mouth slightly open.

I entered the kitchen and put my phone on the counter. Looking in the fridge I took the eggs and put it near the stove.

I got the pancake batter out and began to pour most of in a bowl as my phone vibrated.

Jermaine😘- hey Frieeend.

-hi

Jermaine😘- what's wrong ?

-I'll explain it at work, see you in an hour.

Jermaine😘- okay.

Placing my phone back on the counter I went to take out three plates and put them on the table. When the pancakes and eggs were done I separated them on the three plates and covered the other two

I slowly ate as I seen Derek come in the kitchen itching the side of his ass as he opened the fridge.

"shit" he jumped as he looked over at me.

"I made breakfast, your plate is right there" I said as I put some eggs up to my mouth.

"But you didn't make coffee ?" He answered sitting down uncovering his food.

"If you don't mind me asking, why you like coffee so much ?"

"My grandma started giving me coffee when I was 2 , not the strong kind but I loved that shit. She passed away when I was 15 so coffee reminds me of her"

"Sorry for your lost" I mumbled.

"It's cool, it was her time." He took a bite of his pancake "damn this shit good"