Chapter 39.

Amaris.

"Just relax, it's really nothing to be worried about trust me" Jermaine said as he squeezed my hand.

"I'm trying to Jermaine. I'm just not used to this type of stuff" I sighed.

"My family is really chill. They is going to like you"

"I hope so" I mumbled as he began to walk me up the steps that led to the front door of his dad house.

when we walked inside I didn't really know what to expect. I never been to a cookout before but I've heard of it and it didn't sound so fun.

"Jermaine is that you !" Some guy shouted across the room as I turned my head in his direction.

"come on I want you to meet somebody" Jermaine put his hand in mine as he led me to the guy that shouted across the room.

"wassup nigga it's been five years" the guy said hugging Jermaine before looking me up and down. "damn you beautiful. This all you Jermaine ?"

"nah this is my" Jermaine paused before looking at me for some type of approval so I nodded. "this my bestfriend"

"so you don't mind if I talk to her ?" He asked as I stepped behind Jermaine a little.

"Amaris this is My cousin Rodney. He's 23 just five years older then me." Jermaine chuckled. "Rodney this is Amaris, she ain't single"

"I mean I tried" he said reaching his hand out.

"Nice to meet you" I did the same as he nodded.

"where is my dad ?" Jermaine asked as Rodney shook his shoulders

"Kiyah is here though."

"Word ?" Jermaine seemed surprised. I wonder who kiyahh was.

"Yeah, she came with Dante and their son" Rodney looked upset.

"For all we know it's probably your child and she lieng to Dante" Jermaine shook his head looking at me.

"man fuck her" Rodney spat "I'm about to go grab me a hoe and a plate with a burger on it. Y'all have fun"

"aight" Jermaine said as I lowly laughed.

"You guys close ?" I asked as I gripped his hand tighter while we made are way around the house.

"Yeah. He taught me most of the things I know. " Jermaine smiled.

"that's cool"

"You hungry?" He looked back as we stopped walking. I honestly didn't even know.

"nah, just thirsty. I could use a soda or something"

"okay I have to use the bathroom but the kitchen is right over there" he pointed in the direction of the kitchen.

"Ill wait for you in there." I said letting his hand go.

"Alright just stay there, I'll be down in two minutes" he said before disappearing.

I turned around making my way to the kitchen. As soon as I reached the kitchen I seen a cooler near the sink and bent down towards it.

Grabbing two cans of sprite I closed the cooler and felt my ass being slapped. I jumped back up turning around throwing one of my soda cans at the person who did it.

"James keep your hands to your damn self. No wonder your ass getting hit with soda cans" Somebody said from behind me and he rolled his eyes.

"She just a hoe anyway"