39. Daily Regimen

When I woke, I momentarily forgot where I was

When I woke, I momentarily forgot where I was. Remembering, I rolled over with a mischievous smile on my face and tucked myself against Harry's sleeping body. I gave him little love nips on his neck and chin until I heard a slight grumble from his chest, causing me to giggle. 

"Wake up," I said softly. "Daylight's burning." 

With that he rolled towards me and engulfed me in those long arms of his, pressing me into his tattoo-laden skin. "Uh-uh," he mumbled. "I just want to stay here all day." 

"Suit yourself, lazy bones," I teased him. "You only have seven hours before you have to work. You can either spend it with me or you can sleep the day away."

"Why can't I do both?" He said, whining a little.

"Because I can't sleep anymore," I announced and I moved to get out of bed, but he grabbed my elbow and yanked me back to himself.

"Where do you think you're going?" He said, smirking. He pulled me in tighter and kissed me soundly. "I love you," he murmured against my mouth. 

"I love you, too. Now, let's get something to eat. I'm starved!"

After breakfast and showers, Harry said, "I propose-"

I interrupted him, laughing, "Already?" 

He pulled me against him in what I thought was going to be a tender hug, but instead, he placed his hand over my mouth firmly and said, "Let me finish." And he left his hand there, while he spoke. "I propose two things: One, we should change your shift back to nights, if you want to, that is. Two, I want you to meet my parents." 

When he let go of his hold over my mouth, I said, "I already met your parents."

"For what, ten minutes?" He asked. "No, I mean, you know-" Suddenly he returned to that shy version of Dr. Styles I knew a few months ago. "I mean, I want you to come to my parents house and get to know them. And I want them to get to know you."

"Ahhh," I said, nodding my head. "That sounds like a good idea. I don't know about switching my shift, though. Baxter is no picnic. She practically bit my head off at my interview." I laughed, remembering how nervous I was.

"Oh, so that's why you looked so shaken up when I saw you for the first time," he chuckled. 

"Did I look that bad?" I asked in horror.

"I thought you were beautiful," he smiled warmly. "But definitely shaken. Don't worry, pretty much everyone looks like that after talking to Baxter. She can be a bear; I'll talk to her if you'd like."

"No," I waved him off. "I'm a big girl. I can take care of myself."

When I finally went back to my own apartment, I felt like I hadn't been there in ages when, in reality, it had only been a few days. From the exhausting emotions of Thomas's funeral to Harry and I finally saying I love you, it felt like it could have been a month with all that happened. And then there was last night. Oh, last night. I closed my eyes and relived it many times.